Linux Ubuntu or Zorin?

cmangle

Inactive User
Reaction score
which do you prefer?

you can list some pro's and con's if you like

thanks chris

Haven't used Zorin but I've used Ubuntu extensively including commercial installations.

They're both Debian-based so they should be very similar in functionality but I've found you may have to experiment with versions to get the result you want. I'm currently running Ubuntu at the back-end (servers) and a combination of Mint, Ubuntu and Windows at the desktop.

Give the live CD a good thrashing first then, if you go for Ubuntu, stick with the LTS option :)

Not sure I like the idea of a distribution that charges for a premium version(red hat included). Fair enough if you are charging for a cd/dvd and a book. That and the fact it's called Zorin didn't they try to sink silicon valley in the 80's?

Not sure I like the idea of a distribution that charges for a premium version(red hat included). Fair enough if you are charging for a cd/dvd and a book. That and the fact it's called Zorin didn't they try to sink silicon valley in the 80's?

zorin was the baddie in 'a view to a kill', with the oh so brilliantly comic performance of grace jones.

Back