Type 2 Diabeties

mattchris

Inactive User
Reaction score
About ten days ago i was feeling rough i had some of the symptoms drinking a lot aching kidneys etc. Went to the docs had some tests done it was confirmed i was a diabetic type 2. I have been on medication since and is playing hell with me. I am not a heavy drinker i do smoke but i would say i am a heavy smoker. And i cant go to the nurse until Friday.Will not bore you with more details.

My Question:

Any type 2 diabetics on here and how has it affected your lifestyle diet etc.

Thanks

depends on how bad it is but it's possible that like me you'll need to cut out pretty much all processed foods due to the huge amounts of sugars and refined carbs in them - eating more but smaller meals helps as well as it lowers the blood sugar spike caused by eating anything

once you get the hang of those two things then being a type 2 has practically no impact on your life other than having to pick up a script every month - btw as a type 2 you dont have to pay for scripts for anything

Thanks for the reply M8,

Here is my routine most Days

1: 7.00am I get up have a cup of coffee with saccharin instead of sugar done that for about three years now.

2.10.30am Have breakfast in work which consists of three of four sandwiches home made by the wife and tea no sugar

3. 1.30pm Eat what's left of my sandwiches which can one or sometimes nothing and tea no sugar.

4. 5.30 pm I have a cooked meal when i get home from work sometimes chips with something or a cooked dinner and diet coke.

5. 9.30pm i have a light snack with a soft drink (squash or bottled water).

Never have been a big eater or drinker for years that's what puzzling me

sandwiches contian bread m8 - bread is made of flour - which is a simple carb - simple carbs might as well be sugar for your average type 2 - ie occasional use only

you need to avoid simple carbs until you get your BS levels normalish - eg below 8 most of the time - then you can feed them back in slowly until you get a feel for how they affect your BS levels

btw unless those are deep fried lard sandwiches etc then you aint eating enough based on what you've posted - and what you are eating is basically in 2 lumps - so assumign you weigh over 8stone (ie you are actually getting enough calories to avoid substantial weight loss) then your averaging a minimium of 2500 basically between 2 meals

1250 cals a meal is a LOT of food for a sitting if your not eating fast food - I'd suggest aiming for 4-5 meals a day with no one meal more than 800 cals - ie eat more smaller meals/snacks

maybe keeping a food diary might help - I used to be under the impression I ate virtually nothing - until I started keeping one lol

Back