Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack in London

Call me cold hearted but file this one under accidents can and do happen in life when you don't have your wits about you....nobody and nothing should be killed or culled it's just a rare occurance where wild nature comes to our apparently sophisticated world or vice versa as it were - same with shark attacks too. We are invading their territory not the other way around. We are foreign to them in an up close environment where they have free reign. We are the ones who are supposed to have superior intelligence out of all the species so you work it out. We might be intelligent but without weapon we are weak. And there's a hell of a lot of wildlife out there that can kill us quite easily should they choose to.

yeah i agree with it being an accident. No one wishes this on the kids but these things happen when you turn your eyes away. The parents will now be more aware not to leave and empty room door open.

I put this down to a freak accident and maybe a bit of propaganda for the torries to lift the ban on fox hunting .
Got lots of foxes around here and yes they're a cheecky little buggers but attacking humans ..... can't see it becomming the norm tbh .
Just my thoughts on it :)

Hando

I think most of the guys here will leave the back door or windows either open or unlocked if they were in the house especially when its really hot.

People who move into a house will not have thought about foxes doing what happened unless of course you're in the countryside.

It's an accident yes but personally, I think foxes in the cities should be caught and relocated outside of the city or something as their numbers seems to be increasing and they seems to be getting less scared of humans.

Im glad we put a stop to that foxhunting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, vermin thats all they are.

There's only 1 vermin on this planet and thats humans, everything else has it's place in natures plan, ether to eat or be eaten.

Humans take everything and give nothing back. We take the land for our own, rape the earth of it's resources, and kill everything that stands in our way.

bit slow on hearing about this and i dont believe it
why would a fox go in a house , up the stairs and attack kiddies
nah dont believe it all lies did they test the fox for dna ? doubt it
i dont wish it on the kids but hey its nature guessing us
humans have forgotten what nature is all about

There's only 1 vermin on this planet and thats humans, everything else has it's place in natures plan, ether to eat or be eaten.

Humans take everything and give nothing back. We take the land for our own, rape the earth of it's resources, and kill everything that stands in our way.

How very very true!!

bit slow on hearing about this and i dont believe it
why would a fox go in a house , up the stairs and attack kiddies
nah dont believe it all lies did they test the fox for dna ? doubt it
i dont wish it on the kids but hey its nature guessing us
humans have forgotten what nature is all about

There's something rather odd about this story. A fox walked through an open door, went into a bedroom and attacked two sleeping infants in separate cots, before hanging around so that the mother could see it, and sauntering out again?

Hmm. Not really buying this one I'm afraid.

The family apparently have a dog... a more likely culprit in my view.
I know the mother was in shock over the incident but for her to say she would campaign for action against the dangers of foxes after the twins were better is a bit mad.
Even if you buy the Koupparis family's story in its entirety - which I'm still not sure about - there doesn't seem to be any question that an incident of this sort is vanishingly rare. You may as well campaign against the dangers of lightning strikes or freak accidents.

Of course the media will be all over this in order to garner maximum support for a repeal of the fox hunting ban... although how that would assist with urban foxes I have no idea!

Wildlife experts also said its unnatural.

Fox would not have attacked baby twins unprovoked, say wildlife experts - Telegraph

I was in Spain when this happened so didn't see too much about it but after doing a bit of reading tonight about it,its a strange one.I'm not saying that a fox attack is impossible in this case, but lots of things about the story don't add up IMO.

Back