TV backlight Blue marks on top right corner

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a tv quite cheap Samsung 49 curved but notice something was wrong got a couple of blue spots on the screen

Did a looks about and some are saying about replacing the backlight strips

Seen this on fleebay but was wondering about the pen numbers written on the strips

What do they mean ?

And a pic of the screen fault in is showing

Seen on youtube how to dismantle the screen ect but how fragile is the screen lifting it out the bezel housing ?

Was thinking about dismantling the screen on the bed and move it across without suction cups

Attachments

• backlight1.jpg
    backlight1.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220517_233933.jpg
    20220517_233933.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Hi Spud.
The screens are fragile so do not let it flex when lifting. Suction cups are good for lifting the screen. Before you try lifting it make sure the panel is not taped or glued down because if you apply to much pressure in lifting the screen will crack. If you let me have the full model No of the TV I can advise a bit better. You would be better putting the panel on to a flat surface rather than a bed.
Regards healey82

I counted eleven strips in your picture, there should be twelve for this model. The screen on this model is not glued in, so after removing the bezel it should lift out. I always tape the screen PCB to the screen as the flexi cables are quite fragile also when you remove the reflector sheets make sure you put them back in the right order. Just be gentle and not force anything.

Back