Tuner

mgwhizz

Inactive User
Hi,

Is it safe to say that your tuner is not gubbed if you can receive channels 1-5 through the RF feed?

cheers
mg

bonehead

Member ++
sorry to be the bearer of bad news m8 but rf feed is just a through link dosnt go through tuner,what have you tried so far

mgb

Inactive User
A snowy picture via the loop through is a first hint for a faulty tuner.
If the picture is clear the entry part of the tuner is ok.

mgwhizz

Inactive User
Thanks for the replies,

the picture via Rf is clear as a bell - no snow or noise.

As regards to what I've tried so far...I've tried new images(Sportster_1.76.3_2xI, Cryo_sportster17_2x_uk04 and Gavs newest image) old images(boxcracker 3.5), I've removed the modem, I've tried feeding the dbox from my cablemodem line(I currently take analogue basic and BB fron N*L). I've tried the appropriate services.xml for my area(Glasgow south) and also normal scan and bruteforce scans. The net result is that with most of these images I can find 29 transponders but no channels.

BER is 20-2600
SNR is 41000-52000
SIG is usually approx the same as SNR

I've not had a sniff of a TV picture coming through scart and just about ready to give this up and take up performing open heart surgery(less stressful and less complicated).

cheers
MG
(having a beer in the last chance saloon)

derekwd

Inactive User
When you saw you have analouge from cc i presume that digital tv is in your area, if so then it may be worth trying a signal booster.

mgwhizz

Inactive User
Hi Derek,

yes, there is digital in my area. I bought a signal booster from Argos today and currently have it hooked up. Still finding 29 transponders but no channels :-((

Devilfish

DW Regular
Do you get any error messages on the screen, i.e. 'channel not available'?

Did the booster make any difference to your BER/SNR/SIG values?

When you press '?' or 'OK' do you get any EPG? Can you see the tv listings for that channel?

Try changing the Ucodes?
(I think it's BLUE > Sportster Menu > Hardware Settings > Ucodes...not sure as I'm not at my box!)

TEST