tt C-1501 uk scanning issue

Brenussat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all.. Im having loads of trouble finding any uk v@rgin cable channels. I have just completed a htpc and installed a C-1501 but it will not find any channels. Ive ditched the original software in favour of progdvb6 and dvb viewer but no matter what i do with the scan it wont find channels and its really starting to fook me off !!! lol. Ive owned dbox's and dreambox's but this is all new to me so any help on this is really appreciated.
Cheers

I haven't used ProgDVB for ages, but I can talk you through what to do in DVBviewer. First of all, you need to create a transponders.ini file with the frequencies for your area.

1. Get a Dreambox or Dbox2 services file for a list of transponders for your area.

2. go to DVBviewer's Configuraton Folder, not the installation folder, and find the Transponders folder

3. Create a text file called MyScan.ini (could be any name), or rename one already in there. You won't need any of the ready made ones anyway.

4. Open the file in a text editor

5. Open your Dream/Dbox services file, and find the first transponder entry. Add the frequency, modulation and symbol rate info to your MyScan.ini file, along with the other example text I've added, which won't be in your services file. Notice the transponder file's entries have to be khz, some services files are listed in hz, and will have 3 more zeros.

[SATTYPE]
1=4000 (can't remember what that's about)
2=MyCable (this is the name that will appear in DVBviewer's Transponder list)

[DVB]
0=1 (this is the number of transponders in your list. Usually 32, but should match however many you add, so this example is only 1)
1=364750,3,6887
2= add a new line number for each additional transponder in the same way and save your file.

6. Go to DVBviewer's Channel Scan and select MyCable from the Transponder list and click Scan Range.

7. Fire up some microwave popcorn.

8. Watch TV

Thanks for the reply mate i really am struggling with this. My dbox had tuner failure a while back so i punted it for spares on fleebay. I am hoping my mate still has his so i can pinch the files you mentioned.
I will try to get hold of him this arvo and post back later.
BIG thanks

Brenussat

Thanks for the reply mate i really am struggling with this. My dbox had tuner failure a while back so i punted it for spares on fleebay. I am hoping my mate still has his so i can pinch the files you mentioned.
I will try to get hold of him this arvo and post back later.
BIG thanks

Brenussat

what area r u m8?

Northants , i used to choose 6887 on the dbox, v@rgin.. I think im pure ntl. lol

yes thats it m8 definetly.

if u can't get a dreambox/dbox2 service file u can create a transponder/cables ini file by using +/- 8000 khz using 579000 as your starting point.....lowest frequency won't be below 100000 and above 900000 therefore ........571000 - 579000 - 587000 - etc

or here's a brutforce file u can try both 6952 / 6887

View attachment 45553

Last edited:
Your a star , thankyou for your help. i will give it a go and let you know how i get on.
Cheers

I have tried all the advise you gave me guys but it will not scan in any channels. I changed the frequencys and put the brute force file in the transponder file but it just will not work. I am now thinking the card might be knackered ?

Thanks again for the help, i will go over it again tonight incase i missed something.

I have tried all the advise you gave me guys but it will not scan in any channels. I changed the frequencys and put the brute force file in the transponder file but it just will not work. I am now thinking the card might be knackered ?

Thanks again for the help, i will go over it again tonight incase i missed something.

to test the card download my theatre (free) and try a manual scan just using ur default frequency.......

View attachment 45571

cheers

Right, i tried mytheatre. NO SIGNAL in red everytime i scanned DOH !!!.
I think the cards knackered.
Really big thanks Neathdrew for all your help.
One question, i have a videomate sat card and a motorised dish setup will my theatre control the dish including jogging it east and west ??
The reason i'm asking is because i'm thinking of buying it, but i cant find that function on the trial version and i dont want to waste money if it doesn't.
Cheers
Brenussat

Back