Tree/ Ivy advice

mastic

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a very large tree at th ebottom of the garden but iots covered in ivy. My concerns are with it covering loads of the tree. branches as well is the tree going to die through lack of light etc. Next step it would keel over and land on my house. Any advice or has anyone come across this problem themselves.
I will try to get some pics up.

i wouldnt think so mate as the tree wil still have the roots to keep it firmly in place, they say the roots are as deep as the tree is as tall, if that makes sense, plus the roots spread out width way aswell. i do no ivy is a coont to get of as there little feet do not come of anything.

pics here

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

cheers jay

The tree will keel over eventually due to the ivy but I dobt it will fall on your property in your life time,My advice would be if you like the tree then spend the time ripping/killing the Ivy off it.

If you like the ivy then just relax and let your house become a gypsy's mansion:Laugh:

well theres plenty of sunlight getting to leaves as far as i can see so i dont see a problem but if you wanna risk your life on a ladder getting up there just for some ivy, thats up to you mate. what i would do is take the fence down, put it on the other side of the tree then complain to your neighbour about there new tree lol

what i would do is take the fence down, put it on the other side of the tree then complain to your neighbour about there new tree lol

Now thats an idea i can't argue with, where's me saw lol:Laugh::Laugh:

Cheers all for the advice, as long as its not going to land on me it can stay lol.

cut the roots to the ivy round the bottom off the tree as it is killing it then the ivy will die and pull off easy

Ivy is a bitch to get rid off, it just grows and grows, as utd4life already said the roots should keep the tree upright for a few 100 years yet and there is plenty of sunlight getting to the leaves etc. Wouldn't worry about it m8

cut the roots to the ivy round the bottom off the tree as it is killing it then the ivy will die and pull off easy

as marca says kill the root and the ivy will eventually die and then you can remove it also you can all ways have the tree topped

Last edited:
Back