transferring data

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
how can i transfer stuff over to a new ps3 super slim from a normal ps3 slim (which doesnt work)?..can i put the hard drive of my non working ps3 slim into another ps3 slim (workin) and transfer stuff over to the new ps3 super slim or is it not possible...? cheers

Once you put another HD drive into a ps3, you will need to install a ps3updat.pup, this will formate the whole HD so this way is not possible

damm shame looks like kids will have to start games again from beginning..

I realise that the hard drive is tied to the console.

Is there any hack method of getting data off a broken console onto a new console?

I realise that the hard drive is tied to the console.

Is there any hack method of getting data off a broken console onto a new console?

This is the only real way that I no off, or making regular backups to USB while the console is working, but seeing as you want to get the data of a broken ps3, not possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM4anitZic0

Even if you tried to clone the doner HD, it will still be locked to the current broken PS3.

If you still have the broken PS3, temp fix perhaps and data transfer would be your only solution.

I see that it is possible to get data off the drive using a PC but you also need the eid_root_key, which in this case is not possible

Back