Transfering Old harddrive data to new one on xbox 360

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my boys want a new xbox 360 this xmas as they one they have they've had for over 3 years and basically its knackered and they dont want an xbox one,do i have to transfer data from the old hdd to new or is the data etc saved anywhere on xbox live?i know it want have add ons saved like extra maps for call of duty but if they signed in on their account wouldnt it just carry on for the extra months on live and be able to re-download the maps they have paid for......

If you want to re-download any paid for contents then that can be done once they recover their gamer tags onto the new hard drive along with their profiles and you won't have to pay for them again. However game saves are stored onto the hard drive it self, so if they don't want to loose their progress on certain games you'll need to move this to the new hard drive. Depending on the size, you should be able to transfer these using a USB stick formatted using your xbox 360 (mimimum size 2GB).

Thats good then...saves me forking out on a transfer cable..cheers mate

Sent from my GT-I9300

Re-downloading is the way to go if you don't have much to dowload.

i have a couple of transfer cables if u want one mate i can stick it in the post for u

Thats ever so much,nice of you m8 but from what ive read i dont really need one.. :)

Last edited:
Back