CD & DVD .torrents files are so annoying !!

rodboy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i use bitlord to download .torrent files and i was wondering how you open the file once bitlord has downloaded these files as usually they do not work and also why do these .torrent files download so slowly compared to the likes of .avi and .mpeg files from limewire pro and can thses .torrents be burned to DVD's any help appreciated. Thanx.

Only the torrent program can open a torrent file. They cannot be burned to disk.

Once the file is 100% downloaded, it will be in the Download directory that you have specified, not the actual .torrent file.

I use torrents as my main download client and have never had any problems with it!

I open my torrent file with winrar m8,always look too see how many people are seeding whatever you are downloading as the more that have the file the quicker the download,limewire pro have a large population of members but be very careful as most have viruses included in them.......

thanx guys but im still having a problem opening one of the files with winrar there are 49 winrar files to open but winrar isnt opening any of them.

Hi

open the first one[might have to double click it ] when you do this winrar will open, click on the file in winrar then click extract to thats the second box along on the top, then it will ask you where to save the file, make sure you know where you save it, once its extracted the files it will make one big file to burn.

if you dont know how to burn it to a dvd pm me

let me know how you get on

good luck
hope this helps : colors1

thanx for info on how to burn but it wont allow me to open the first compressed file. it starts to extract it but then tells me there is a problem and then stops completely and this is the same with all 49 parts to the film. any tips on what the problem is here?

Sounds like a dodgy download, I have had these occasionally. I tend to use azureus and a site that sounds a little like another word for piles and which is open for registrations on fridays! Hope this is okay mods!

thats just my luck to download a dodgy file lol well thanx for the help guys il try getting another one ... hopefully one that works...

I tend to use azureus and a site that sounds a little like another word for piles and which is open for registrations on fridays!

lol i like that

If there was a .sfv file with all those rar files, that would have told you if any parts of the download were corrupt. Get quicksfv

Glad you enjoyed that!! I thought it was ingenius!!

thats just my luck to download a dodgy file lol well thanx for the help guys il try getting another one ... hopefully one that works...

when choosing a download file make sure it is all green in the state bar and has lots of seeders. 30 or more pref

: dipsy :

thanx again for all ur help guys iv found that bitcomet works well downloading torrents that work well have plenty films now :)

Try utorrent m8, much faster in my opinion, and you might find that bitcomet has been banned from quite a few torrent sites.

Azeurus is king for torrent's however newzbin is the way forward when the hosts slowly die away.

Use Azeurus as this creates the file space required for the file before the download begins, this eliminates any errors while downloading unless you've actually got a corrupted file to begin with (bad torrent).

Back