tomtom 5 question

quest

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there

i have tomtom 5 on my pda and i dont know what i'm doing wrong. when i install new poi's they dont show up in the menu so i can set them to show on screen and alert me to them.
i used to have tomtom 3 and i never had this problem.
can someone please shed some light on this subject.
many thanks

How many are you trying to load?

When I try to load too many some do not show.

What folder are you putting the POI in? should be in the same folder as the Map

Remember tomtom can only display 27-28 POIs at one time. Make sure you put the poi in the Great Britain map on the storage card. Put the files in there individually not folders. Hope that helps

jay77 said:
What folder are you putting the POI in? should be in the same folder as the Map

yes m8 i'm putting em in the map folder

pmoore31 said:
Remember tomtom can only display 27-28 POIs at one time. Make sure you put the poi in the Great Britain map on the storage card. Put the files in there individually not folders. Hope that helps

i know it can only display a limited number of poi's but surely they should show up in the poi section in tomtom to allow you to chooose.
all the new ones i'm putting in are not even showing up in the option to allow to display
hope thgis makes sense

rock said:
How many are you trying to load?

When I try to load too many some do not show.

hi m8 no new ones seem to show. i am putting the files in the map folder, iam doing the right thing aint i?

quest said:
hi m8 no new ones seem to show. i am putting the files in the map folder, iam doing the right thing aint i?

Yes they need to be in the map folder.

Try this, some of the stuff u can leave out but it should help.

1. Open the downloaded zip file to a folder on your desktop. You will see 2 files.

2. Connect your Tomtom to your computer using USB lead, supplied with your Tomtom. Go to my computer. Click on the Tomtom icon or it may say 'removable disc' or 'removable drive'

3. You will see a folder which says Great-Britain-Map. Open this folder.

5 Go back to your unzipped files folder and drag the two files into the Great-Britain-Map folder in your Tomtom program.

6. Turn off the Tom Tom Go, remove the USB cable then turn the Tomtom on again. The update will now be applied.

If you are installing several POIS onto your Tomtom, unzip the ones you require and install them into your Tomtom at the same time. Remember you need to drag two files into the Great-Britain-Map folder for each POI. The OV2 and the bitmap file.

7. Or for PDA users, put your SD card into a card reader, open and follow instruction number 5 and reinsert card, PDA may require a soft re-boot.

Happy Days :) Dingodog

Last edited:
Dingodog said:
Try this, some of the stuff u can leave out but it should help.

1. Open the downloaded zip file to a folder on your desktop. You will see 2 files.

2. Connect your Tomtom to your computer using USB lead, supplied with your Tomtom. Go to my computer. Click on the Tomtom icon or it may say 'removable disc' or 'removable drive'

3. You will see a folder which says Great-Britain-Map. Open this folder.

5 Go back to your unzipped files folder and drag the two files into the Great-Britain-Map folder in your Tomtom program.

6. Turn off the Tom Tom Go, remove the USB cable then turn the Tomtom on again. The update will now be applied.

If you are installing several POIS onto your Tomtom, unzip the ones you require and install them into your Tomtom at the same time. Remember you need to drag two files into the Great-Britain-Map folder for each POI. The OV2 and the bitmap file.

7. Or for PDA users, put your SD card into a card reader, open and follow instruction number 5 and reinsert card, PDA may require a soft re-boot.

Happy Days :) Dingodog

tried this very method m8 and still no joy,i'm not moaning the rest is still working flawlessly and thanks for taking time out for the post

Back