tmtwin defaults to openvix image

High009

Inactive User
Reaction score
I can't get ubuntu to recognise the tmtwin to edit it with ftp. I could on previous versions of different images.
It defaults to Openvix when I try to downgrade/change to a different system.
I have read it might be something to do with the bootloader, but I don't understand this very well.

It does have some quite impressing features re ipod etc. Also I don't have fixed dish at 28.2 e.

leave your receiver to fully boot m8, this is an issue that i raised with TM a long time ago, and said that it would cause confusion.

openvix were one of the first to change whats called the 'splash' screen, this is whats displayed when you very first turn on the receiver, it used to be just a penguin with starting written on it. if you flash with a new image that DOES NOT also replace this splash screen, then when you first turn on the receiver, it will remain showing the previous splash screen, as thats not actually a part of the image

leave your receiver to fully boot m8, this is an issue that i raised with TM a long time ago, and said that it would cause confusion.

openvix were one of the first to change whats called the 'splash' screen, this is whats displayed when you very first turn on the receiver, it used to be just a penguin with starting written on it. if you flash with a new image that DOES NOT also replace this splash screen, then when you first turn on the receiver, it will remain showing the previous splash screen, as thats not actually a part of the image

I managed to get a another image back but it locks on 99% quite often, then goes in and the remote control locks. It's a 4D.
IP works on this image though when the remote control works . The remote control on the browser seems to crash more than the webif one.
I used that before when the remote packs up. Not sure why the remote works then doesn't work . I have noticed if I press TV then stb or perhaps menu , it seems to kick in sometimes.

ok, if you press TV, then the remote wont work, as its sending commands to try and control the TV, pressing STB switches it back over to control the receiver

Back