TM9100 or TM500

cdstack

Member ++
Reaction score
TM9100 or TM600

I have a TM9100 which works pretty well for me. I need a second box for another room am considering a TM600, but am wondering how it compares to the TM9100.
Does anyone have both boxes and how do they compare with each other?

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:
i have the tm9100super (had 4x 9100 and sold them all, very poor receiver imo) and the TM600 (and 500 lol) and would recommend the 600, even though you have the option of multiboot etc for the 9100, the 600 has more possibilities due to the extra usb ports, as well as component outputs

Thanks for replies I have decided to buy a TM600 anyone recommend a good dealer
to buy from.

Thanks

Got mine from Wizard Satellite mate. Cheapest price I could find for a brand new receiver at £79.99 and they have a shop front based in Hinckley.

Looks like they have bumped the price up to £89.99 since I bought mine though. You could always give them a ring and try to get one for the lower price.

Good luck.

Shop link http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_37&products_id=305

Ebay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-TM...onEle_SatCableFreeview_RL?hash=item4aa04b9052

Last edited:
Got mine from Wizard Satellite mate. Cheapest price I could find for a brand new receiver at £79.99 and they have a shop front based in Hinckley.

Looks like they have bumped the price up to £89.99 since I bought mine though. You could always give them a ring and try to get one for the lower price.

Good luck.

Shop link TECHNOMATE TM 600 LINUX USB - £99.00 : Wizard Satellite, Satellite receivers, dishes, lnbs and equipment

Ebay link TECHNOMATE TM 600 LINUX DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER on eBay (end time 13-May-10 20:24:29 BST)

Thanks will give them a try

I think I may hold off and get the new TM800 hd when it arrives.

Cheapest i've seen is on fleebay for 79.99 free delivery not from Wizard though some other seller, TM600.
Makes you think, everyone else selling them is just being greedy and adding excess profit margins, i've seen these sold on websites for 99.99, 89.99 etc..
Cost price must be around 60 quid or less if the fleebay guy is selling them 79.99 deliverd and still must be making a profit...

My mates got a tm600 and i have a tm9100. I have had no trouble with the tm9100 my mates been round the bend with the tm600. The tm800hd looks a good option when it comes out

- Are the TM9100 also Linux based or not ?
- Probably not had any trouble with the 9100 becasue it's different hardware/OS, an not manufactured by ITgate like the TM500/600 maybe ?

TM9100 is also linux, and made by ITGate, but you can use EDG-Nemesis 4.4 in it, far better than UR images.

TM9100 is also linux, and made by ITGate, but you can use EDG-Nemesis 4.4 in it, far better than UR images.

I use ur18 image in my tm9100 with a diema local card and 30 clients and have no trouble. But have never used its pvr functions

I am still using ur14 cause ur18 wont let me stream avi movies of my pc to my Tm9100. (using vlcf plugin)

Cheapest i've seen is on fleebay for 79.99 free delivery not from Wizard though some other seller, TM600.
Makes you think, everyone else selling them is just being greedy and adding excess profit margins, i've seen these sold on websites for 99.99, 89.99 etc..
Cost price must be around 60 quid or less if the fleebay guy is selling them 79.99 deliverd and still must be making a profit...

either that or tax dodging, as trade price the TM600 is £70 plus VAT (plus delivery), unless hes buying massive amounts direct from technomate (which defeats the object of them having elite distributors)

i tried to start an ebay business last year but these sorts of people just kick your ass all over the show lol

the place mentioned on ebay sells stuff delivered for a cheaper price than i can buy them on a trade account. i foten get people ask me to price match something they have seen on an ebay shop. My standard answer is 'ill install it for you, for a fee, but backup, support etc is down to the people you got it from'

i have an 0800 number for my mobile, and the number of people i get phoning me saying 'hi, i bought a satellite receiver from ebay, but i cant get it to.....'

Back