TM800 Best Image for Recording?

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've kept my TM800 on the image dated 31.08.10 and updated the recent releases due to certain known issues still for fixed, but now I have got a spare external 500gb Hard Drive which I wanted to use with the receiver to allow recording and I have a couple of question for this:

1. Would an external 500GB HDD work via USB on the TM800?

2. Which would be the best image to use for recording channels including pay channels?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I've kept my TM800 on the image dated 31.08.10 and updated the recent releases due to certain known issues still for fixed, but now I have got a spare external 500gb Hard Drive which I wanted to use with the receiver to allow recording and I have a couple of question for this:

1. Would an external 500GB HDD work via USB on the TM800?
I have a 1tb on mine and it's recognised no problem.
2. Which would be the best image to use for recording channels including pay channels?

Thanks

I don't bother recording so don't know.

The hdd was to play films and music from so it's sitting there doing nothing until the images can play them.

If it's a USB powered 2.5", it must be low-current draw. My 100Gb Seagate (+-0.5A draw) works perfectly, Toshiba 80Gb (1A draw) doesn't work even on the internal SATA...

Recording... tough call. Latest Beta (20101028) has some serious issues with starting/stopping both from timer as well as using the [red] button for immediate start. There's some weird stuff going on there. Previous Beta (20101008) as well as 20100920 were so-so reliable.

Starting with 20101008, Playback is ok as long as you do NOT use the FF and RW. That doesn't work all that well, and it has the potential to lock up the playback too.

Back