Tm6900 31/3/10

it wont be long untill darkman finds some sort of reason how all this is my fault, and goes into his rant mode about me being a 'spie' and out to get him lol

on a seperate note, i should hopefully be ordering a spiderbox at the end of the month, just to show theres no hard feelings and that im impartial to all receivers :)

it wont be long untill darkman finds some sort of reason how all this is my fault, and goes into his rant mode about me being a 'spie' and out to get him lol

on a seperate note, i should hopefully be ordering a spiderbox at the end of the month, just to show theres no hard feelings and that im impartial to all receivers :)

i looked at both the spider box & unix box & was ready to spend my cash but with the new firm for diablo 2 decided to wait a while.

still uncertain which receiver to buy when i'm ready.

Dave

i have the protek unixbox here, its just another clone dm500 with procam, server access and a channel list preinstalled, a factory reset would turn it into another £40 DM500 clone

yes APPLIANCES told me the following

If your Unixbox came preloaded with Protek stuff and was ready to go you Must make a backup copy of the Protek files. If your Unixbox came FTA and you loaded the file yourself, as I did, keep these files safe.

If something goes wrong with your Unixbox and you have to do a factory reset these files will be deleted. The useraddon.xml is readily available but the procamd_id file is unique and you would have to go back to your dealer and hope he can give you a copy. If two boxes try to connect to the server with using the same ID file, both boxes will be blocked and only free to air channels can be opened.

File backup procedure.

There are two file you need to backup copy of on your PC.

1. Useraddon.xml
2. Procamd_id_XXXXXX where XXXXXX is a unique number.

Use windows explorer to copy these key files to your PC. (Experienced user can use Dream Box Control Centre). The following show you how to do this using windows explorer.

Press MENU – SETUP – EXPERT SETUP – COMMUNICATION SETUP and make a note of the IP (address).

Exit back so no menus are displayed.

Open windows explorer, (not internet explorer).

In the address line enter ftp:// IP(address)

You should get a login box. Enter user name root and password dreambox

You should be seeing the directories on the Unixbox. Navigate to folder /var/tuxbox/config In this folder there will be a number of files, copy Useraddon.xml and Procamd_id_XXXXXX and open a second instance of windows explorer and paste these two file to a directory on your PC.

that was one of the first things i did, i then broke the details and found out where the actual server was, then transfered all these details to my DM800 ;) all for testing purposes only though. This is why i want a spiderbox, to do exactly the same, and have the spiderbox server clearing channels on my DM800 :) and maybe work out how the IDs are created for access to the server ;)

Hello ,

Owner of a Protek 9600Ip here and i was wondering , as one would be able to figure out where these boxes connect to , one could make a HTPC connect to these (protek) server(s) also ? With windows or linux ? I just love the different media center applocations out there...

Kind regards ,

Blimpie

Last edited:
Back