TM5402HD Recording & Editing

Arfer Daley

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All is it possible to edit and join the recorded video and then leave it in the record folder too play later as you know when you record a film over 2hrs it splits the film into 2 files the 1st FILE is called Film4 +1 @002510_07MAY2013 which is a mpeg-2TS VIDEO the second is called Film4 +1 @002510_07MAY2013.000 the file is named as 001File I edited both the files and joined the file plays too the point where it was joined and then jumps back too the other raw file 001 can anyone tell me what files I should remove from the record folder to beable to play it thru the listing or am I stuck with removing all other info within the folder and playing the file thru the F2 option ?? I hope u understand what I am trying too do thanks for any input

howcome youve got a 2 hour record limit ? my 5402 doesnt

Hi
I have found a freeware, which was developed by a French bloke, very useful to finally save all my recording on my pc...it is a firmware in French, for those willing to fight the language barrier then you are welcome to try it.

With this program you can edit recording, save them onto HDD and play them back on any computer using VLC. Unfortunately the tm5402 will not read those converted files directly. I use my laptop with HDMI cable to TV to playback my saved recorded tm5402 files in full HD.

The firmware which was developed by LaurentG can by found here:
h**p://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/chaines-tv-demodulateurs/rectvedit-logiciel-de-gestion-des-enregistrements-dvb-t29948456.html

In the FIRST post, click on :
Téléchargement Version 4.10.1 (Lastest and last AS development is now stopped.)

Save as > unzip (to a folder of your choice) > right click on "red dot" RecTVEdit > send to desktop

Open RecTVEdit from your desktop > click on "Modele Enregistreur" > choose C-Tech HD 6600 Plus (FOR TM5402)

Plug your HDD where you have saved your 5402 recordings on your pc/laptop.

In rectvedit
Click on "fichier" > "ouvrir" > (look in the HDD > records) > click on file which look like, e.g.: BBC One HD @230510_24APR2013 > OPEN

Click on file which END with .ifo > OPEN (most of the time it will detect an error of 1/2 seconds between files...ignore this)

Click again on "fichier" > "exporter (.TS)"

Comes another window > click on "continuer"

THEN choose where you want to save the file in your pc/laptop; if external used, I strongly advise using a USB 3.0 HDD as it will take about 5 minutes to save a 2hours HD movie, IF usb2.0 is used then minimum is 25 minutes. For those wishing to "play" with your recordings, you can edit/cut and save...

Your recording will be saved as .TS
VLC player will play your recording (choosing the language and subtitles if wanted). When playing file, right click on it, then VIDEO > DEINTERLACE > choose AUTOMATIC

I hope it is not too difficult to follow....I have not found anything else simpler to save my recorded movies to PC( believe me once done a couple of times, the method above is very easy).

Hi cfipro
thankyou for the info i use VideoReDoTvSuite264 for my file editing it costs but i would not leave home without it :)

Hi Arfer, Does videoredo join and edit large 5402 HD recordings?? I tried the trial one but it was limited to few minutes only so not much use to test. Can you convert output to play on other devices ( like Smart TV and put on a USB stick etc. Not only on PC is really what I am saying. these .TRP HD files are difficult to play--except on a 5402!!

Nevergiveup

Back