TM500 or TM600 WiFi?

Sorry to hijack the thread here but I've been thinking about making my box wireless without having to get the dremal out digi style ..:)

Could you use one of these

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/RJ45-Ethernet-100Mb-Network-Adapter/dp/B000MHO3Q8/ref=pd_cp_ce_0]USB TO LAN RJ45 Ethernet 10Mb/100Mb Network Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

And one of these

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADAPTER-WIRELESS-DONGLE-ADAPTOR-Compatible/dp/B000W4CXCM]Wi-Fi USB ADAPTER WIRELESS LAN WiFi DONGLE ADAPTOR 54MB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Instead of going down the homeplugs route?

Hando

Hi i am using belkin gaming adaptor with tm500 no problems any devices with ethernet ports can use gaming adaptors etc to wifi

I'm using a Wireless access point (TPLink 501G) on my Dm500s to connect to my wireless network.Very stable.
Thinking of changing to an access point with a usb slot built in so as I can record to it instead of recording of the network to a pc.

Hi i am using belkin gaming adaptor with tm500 no problems any devices with ethernet ports can use gaming adaptors etc to wifi
Hi thanks for the relpy, got a link to pic of the belkin so I can see what it's like as I got a netgear router .

Thanks again

Hando

Sorry to hijack the thread here but I've been thinking about making my box wireless without having to get the dremal out digi style ..:)

lol, some people got no sense of adventure ;)

nah, i am in a position to buy stuff at trade prices, so when something comes out, i try and improve it, no matter how good it already is

for the last few years, some of my modifications and ideas have been making it into next gen models

the TM600 i have now has been butchered to bits, if you got through some of my threads, youll see its had bits cut out of it, bits added in, bits moved about, but within 5 mins, it could all be back to a stock receiver

even now, with the evolution of images, things that are a crazy sounding idea at first, make it into an image, and increases the functionality when implemented properly, an example being worked on, and that works, is a folder thats just a shortcut to another folder, some think whats the point, just go straight to the folder you want, but, theres always some sort of method in my madness that becomes apparent sooner or later, even if im not too sure what it is for at first lol

i cant wait to chop up a DM800HD next lol

Ok, is this easy to install and does it cause any problems with it!!

Regards
It is easy to install only once in three months i had to reset adaptor it was not picking wifi signal in ideal world would like to use patch cable from router to box this involves drilling few holes if your setup allows to use cables maplin has 10,15,20,25 meters plus cables using cables will give you more stability

first of all hi everyone just joined after searching google, gonna have a look through the forums.

have a query:

i currently have a tm5400 super ci+ which i am thinking of changing to a tm500 linux receiver. Unsure though as my internet modem has no ethernet connection, wireless only or usb to the pc

i currently have 3 irelenad wireless internet, its a small modem which i can plug into the wall (uses wlan) or computer via usb, i get around 2-2.5mb speed but because i just took out the contract im stuck with it for a while. it lets me connect wireless on up to 8 devices and works fine with pc, phone and ps3 etc. heres my internet modem:
3 mifi huawei e5830 - The Inquirer

would i be able to use the belkin adaptor to connect my 3 wireless internet to a tm500?

or this open wifi wireless bridge adaptor:
OpenMedia Wifi Bridge - Make Your Dreambox Wireless on eBay (end time 09-Sep-10 16:54:59 BST)

thanks

vinny

ok, i thought the adaptor plugged in for power, Then i could use my wireless connection to connect to the belkin adaptor and an ethernet cable from that to the tm500

thats why i was looking at this:
open wifi wireless bridge adaptor:
OpenMedia Wifi Bridge - Make Your Dreambox Wireless on eBay (end time 09-Sep-10 16:54:59 BST)

when i came across this site and someone saying they use a belkin gaming adaptor

so as i only have wireless internet i would need to get a receiver for wireless, like the tm800? just took out the broadband contract and stuck with it but only internet connection i could use is wifi. i have the modem plugged into pc via usb this provides connection to pc and i connect through wireless for my ps3 have been looking into changing my receiver to use it

sorry for the stupidity just new to this

Back