Tiscali again!

thecableguy12

Inactive User
Reaction score
got up this morning only to find this crap in the inbox...

Dear Customer,

Further to the recent email we sent to you regarding heavy usage; your broadband Internet usage has again been highlighted as exceptionally high during peak periods and is affecting the service we provide to other customers.

Please carefully read the following email to avoid any further warnings. This is your final warning, if you do not reduce your usage during the peak periods we will manage your service during the peak hours.

Please ensure you read our Fair Use Policy
(redirect) so you are clear on your obligations with regards to internet use during the peak hours.

You may upload and download as you wish outside the peak hours; but we ask that you are considerate when using the internet during the peak period. Peak hours are from 6pm to 11pm Monday to Sunday.
To avoid any further heavy use warnings we strongly recommend you adhere to the following guidelines:

o) Do not download large files during the peak periods

o) Do not use Peer-to-Peer file sharing software during peak
periods (e.g. Kazaa, BitTorrent)

o) Try and keep internet use to email and web browsing during
these times.

If you do not reduce your usage during these peak times (6pm to 11pm) we will manage your usage. This means that you will share bandwidth with other heavy users during peak times instead of sharing bandwidth with normal users.
Your service will continue to be unlimited, but by sharing bandwidth with other heavy users you are likely to experience slower speeds during peak times.

If you have a query regarding this letter then you can email [email protected]

Important Note: When emailing please use your Tiscali email address ([email protected]) and use the following reference in the subject line "FUP Warning2". It may prove difficult for us to process any queries or requests without this information.

Yours Sincerely

Tiscali Broadband Team

but this is the first email they sent me, guys are there any 8meg connections out there that is cheap and totally unlimited? hate this cap rubbish

i used to be with bulldog, they were ok, but when i moved home, i switched to BeThere (www.bethere.co.uk) they claim up to 24meg unlimited, but i am getting between 7-9meg depending on time of day.

altho many ppl complain about telwest and ntl, i've got to say they really are the best and trully unlimited. all others have limits. even if they say its unlimited. altho you will be paying a tad more, it really is worth it. i pay 17.99 for their 2meg service but i get the 10meg.

Back