theres no such thing......

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
....as a perfectly good airplane

1926728_10153880014185597_309734138_n.jpg

some may have noticed that ive not been about as much as i used to be, over the last year or so, apart from the crap that goes with the bit of the satellite hobby i enjoy, this is whats taken up most of my time recently instead :)

this is me, 'spotting' my 30M diameter landing area, from 12,700 feet, before jumping out of a plane, alone, and landing within that 30M area, as part of my BPA B license skydivers license (i passed 3 parts of my paperwork on this single jump, as well as getting some cool pictures :) )

just thought id share with you all here :)

PS, this was my 39th solo skydive :D

I chickened out of a bungee jump at the top of the tower, about 10 years ago.

Sky Park, Tenerife, remember it very well.

Embarrassed, it passed. Petrified, still the occasional shudder! :FRIGHT:

I chickened out of a bungee jump at the top of the tower, about 10 years ago.

Sky Park, Tenerife, remember it very well.

Embarrassed, it passed. Petrified, still the occasional shudder! :FRIGHT:

Wow! Seriously brave M8. You wouldn't have even got me up there for a look lol

Petrification has a very sobering effect!

Huh? Oh, the 'crapping it' rather than the 'turned to stone' bit lol

***Disclaimer***

Certain members should now look away. Normal service may not be resumed on this thread ;)

Huh? Oh, the 'crapping it' rather than the 'turned to stone' bit lol

***Disclaimer***

Certain members should now look away. Normal service may not be resumed on this thread ;)

I've always heard that, doesn't work that way with me. Which is "normal" ? How about a poll ?:Biggrin2:

Any congrats to Digidude, damn sure I couldn't do it!:thumbsup:

you have been watching point break think your keanu reeves

@digidude OK; so there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane, but you aint getting me throwing myself out of it !! :Laugh:
Seriously though, it takes guts to do the jump but to be able to land on a designated landing spot must take an amazing amount of skilled manoeuvres to achieve that, hats off to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't do it but I have two questions.

On your first jump, did you bring a spare pair of underpants?

if so, do you still?

Great stuff mate..I had a full jump book..mind you i was airborne.

@digidude OK; so there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane, but you aint getting me throwing myself out of it !! :Laugh:
Seriously though, it takes guts to do the jump but to be able to land on a designated landing spot must take an amazing amount of skilled manoeuvres to achieve that, hats off to you.

Performing outside your element is never easy. It reminded me about gooney birds, odd how the mind works sometimes.

The old video is here, sorry about the quality, can't find any modern stuff, but you'll see the parallel.

Gooney Bird Landing Humor

Magnificent in flight, but take off and, particularly, landing is something else. I can't help laughing.

Anyone that wants to jump from a plane at 12k foot is a feckin lunatic!!!
Sorry @digidude :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anyone that wants to jump from a plane at 12k foot is a feckin lunatic!!!
Sorry @digidude :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Don,t knock it till you tried it..It was the only place i felt truly free and alive up in the clouds..My favourite was doing HALO and MMF.spent some time in the states with the P.Js..their job is to go in and rescue downed pilots and crew..formed during Vietnam war was jumping 25,000-30,000 everyday bloody loved it.

would love to do a halo jump :) highest ive jumped is 15,000 feet (so far). hoping to do a few helicopter jumps this summer, i know theyre lower jumps, but just for the lols and pics hanging off the skid @ 7,000 feet

theres videos of my training jumps, and pics of some random stuff etc via the 'my new hobby' link in my siggy :)

I am afraid of heights i had hard time going up Eifel tower . Good job.

Back