The great Dreambox recording experiment

I've been away and not read the whole thread, but I record the streams from my d500c rather than do direct recordings, and everything I record plays back perfectly - at least to my human eyes and ears - should I do the analysis of a recording or is this thread just for direct recording?
Sure, give it a go.

Did we get any further with the 600 results?

My gran wants to buy my 500 and im thinking of upgrading to a 600. Does the 600 only produce good results via a HDD or ethernet?

Also, did that Enigma image ever get released (one osbourne was involved with)

T4i

Although I haven't been able to test as many 600s as 500s, I didn't find a single one that produced errors, so I feel pretty confident about its recording abilities. Recording to PC via ethernet as opposed to internal HD didn't seem to make any difference either.

I don't think the image Osborne mentioned has been released, not as a UK version at least.

Have any of you guys tested the Neutrino Image I posted today ?

I completely missed that there was a new Neutrino image. I might give it a go over the weekend.

dm 7025 recording

just ftp'd a recording over from the hdd in my dm7025

mpeg2repair dosent seem to work with this recording says cant find pids or something lol

but is still a ts file/extention , the recording size was about 3 gig but still shouldnt make a difference

ah just noticed it comes with a:

ap file
cuts file
eit file
meta file
dont what these are for but the ts file wont even play using vlc player on the pc

but the movie plays fine on the dm7025

must a different recording format i guess lol
or this some thing to do with enigma 2 or the built in media player

or im doing something wrong lol: shocked2

Some images create slightly off-spec TS files, in which case you have to run them through ProjectX to create another TS file MPEG2repair can read. Not sure what all the other files you listed are about. You can download a version of ProjectX here if you want to have a go.

http://download.videohelp.com/download/ProjectX_090.4.00.zip

Of slightly more interest is your Lord of War recording, which has very few errors. Are you sure it was a Gemini recording and not Neutrino? I have never seen this few errors from an Enigma/Gemini image.

update of post #108

dm7025 recording from its internal hdd

done what you said with projectx worked out now i think lol
Thanks. No errors, except for the final frame, which is perfectly fine, but 7 minutes is a bit on the short side, as even a DM500 wouldn't necessarily have had any errors in that short a recording.

my setup for recording i used on my dm500 mostly if i rember correctly

http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=48327
The thread mentions both NFS and Ngrab recording. If you used Ngrab or another recording server, then the low error count makes more sense, but it's very low for Direct Recording. Was your DM500 a clone or original, btw?

my dm500 is original with old tuner
Hmm, I shall have to investigate. It could just be a freak incident. The recording is obviously not error free, but the error count is low for a 500 with an Enigma image. Then again, looking at the log, the average datarate of the broadcast was extremly low, 2.5mbit, and lower bandwidth recordings do tend to have fewer errors.

new log for from dm7025

same recording as before but whole movie
This one actually has quite a few errors. That's the first 7025 recording I have ever seen with errors, but like I said, I hadn't managed to test more than a few. Very interesting.

Hi señor ding dong can I ask what is the best image you have received the best recording results on so far for the 500c and what apps/methods you used, eg ngrab/direct etc.. And what your signal levels are at.

Hi señor ding dong can I ask what is the best image you have received the best recording results on so far for the 500c and what apps/methods you used, eg ngrab/direct etc.. And what your signal levels are at.
Direct Record on Neutrino 0.9b with display turned off during recording is completely flawless for me. With display on, I get the odd error here and there, but it seems to vary from box to box. Some people seem to get a lot of errors with display on, though it could also be caused by signal issues.

Server based recordings, such as from Ngrab or DboxWinserver, are usually ok with most images, but again subject to signal issues, of course. Not all Enigma based images have a built-in function to start and stop server recordings manually, though.

Can you shedule direct recording on the Neutrino 0.9b image from a web interface like in Engima images?

Also how do you turn display off during recording? (sorry if that sounds abit noobish)

Can you shedule direct recording on the Neutrino 0.9b image from a web interface like in Engima images?
Yes, from the webinterface as well as directly from the GUI and EPG.

Also how do you turn display off during recording? (sorry if that sounds abit noobish)
It's under the recording settings. Just set Stop Playback to ON. If you've set your recording method to Direct, the option is greyed out, though, so switch to server, change the setting, and then back to Direct. Save changes, and you're good to go.

Back