That's a joke???

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So, Spring coming and it's time for a bike service.

Oh b*gger, needs a new drive train (cassette, chain and rings) - mine are 'hooked', not recoverable. It's Shimano XT so £300 will sort it locally.

Must be a better price...

On an 8-cog cassette??? It's got to be durable as it gets a load of hammer!

Chain rings fit XT cranks or change them?

Yep, I'm a 'gnarly' lol

I'll check tomoz - might get a 9 in...

Been tied up with other stuff for the last year but hit Chamonix in the Summer - where they all took the p*ss 'cos it's a hardtail - made it down but scary or what :)

Mine is SRAM S9 all round except my crank which is a Race Face, with external ceramic bearings. Hub's are Hope Pro II mounted in DT Swiss 5.1 rims covered in Michelin dual compound rubber.

PS its a Spesh S-Works, full bouncer built by hand :)

Show-off, lol

Mine's a custom Kona Kilauea with Marzocchi front-end and hand-built wheels. Mostly used for trailquest and x-country.

Light and 'twitchy' :)

Marzocchi front end will make it twitchy, I have the Rock Shox Revelation Dual Air.....hmmm supple. I find sprung forks too bouncy.

Hmmm, reckon I could learn summat from you M8 - front-end is due for renewal :)

Marzo's been good though and adjustable so you can 'calm' them down a bit...

Where do you ride?

Yeah I can change the top and bottom air to change the way the fork acts. Along with with adjustable rebound and lock out on the fly.
I have not been out for a year, (long story). Normally ride the north Pennines/Gisburn Forest or the flat trails around north Manchester.

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and thumbs!

Yeah, know Gisburn well, been to to watch the lads down-hilling there regular - if you go you'll probs have heard of them!

I don't go often enough to know others however I am supposedly a member of the dig team even though I have never been to a dig day lol!

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and thumbs!

I'll PM the names - wary of public ;)

I mostly do stuff like coast-coast and C2C - like the scenery and the long distance challenges. Been lucky enough to ride all over Europe and Canada...

All that hardware???

Oh well...

...C2C in two days is quite punishing actually at 140 miles - I prefer a bit more leisurely 3-4 otherwise you see b*gger all. Did do it once on my own when every fooker else dropped out, bust the right pedal on the Pennines and did the rest on the spindle as it was Bank Holiday...not so funny!

Take the xtra time out and see all the interesting stuff along the way :)

Don't forget to renew the gangle pins and shardle springs

Back