text scams

dizzy1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi is anyone else fed ip with the text (ther is someone who fancies you ring this number to seee who it is) oh ya at £1.50 peer min . Where do they get your number from ? I do not have my number in the book so are the mobile companys getting a kick back from these a**holes or what :mad:

LMAO,i got quite excited when i first recieved one of these then when my missis said she was getting them too i realised it was a scam...... :rolleyes: PMSL.. i was nice for a minute to think i had a admirer :salute:

zooropa said:
LMAO,i got quite excited when i first recieved one of these then when my missis said she was getting them too i realised it was a scam...... :rolleyes: PMSL.. i was nice for a minute to think i had a admirer :salute:

lol at zoo, i bet you never told the mrs about your texts lol... but she told you lmao.

yeah dizzy is right be careful i heard if you text some numbers they can steal your imei number and stuff to use your credit ???

dont know how much that is true but i remember a post on here before about it !

Regards
Mickie D

Yeah I have had that one a few times , and the one about "unclaimed prize money" , what a con , and yes it does make you wonder where the hell they get your number from !!!!!

I've had a load of them, I think these scams originated in the far east and were a bit more sinister, "Ring this number" etc and get charged loads. The numbers are probably randomly generated.

the wife has had a few over the last few month, 1 said that some one has contacted a dating agency and wants to meet you, call this number *********** from a landline to find out who it is......no cost per min was stated on the text...
i got 1 this morning saying that i had won 800 quid!!!, call the number to clain your prize.........so i did, from a phone box up the street......it connected to who ever it was then an automated message came on and said...we can not accept connection from this location.......lol, maybe if i put in £1.50 it would have let me connect, only put 10p in...and i got the bugger back after the call....lol....

Gary Jackson said:
the wife has had a few over the last few month, 1 said that some one has contacted a dating agency and wants to meet you, call this number *********** from a landline to find out who it is......no QUOTE]

It was me...lol

No really they are a pain and you did not have your witts about you then it could end up costing you a fortune.

My policy is if you don't reconise the noo. then just bin it, how about a spam filter for mobiles....

these messages get on my preverbial tits!! u think ur popular but its someone trying to screw money out of u :(

they get your number by either going out and signing up for a contract or buying a PAYG phone, they then target 1000 numbers each way from the number they are issued. i was caught by an insurance scam a week after getting a contract phone from carphone warehouse a few years ago by people claiming to be a part of the company, took me for nearly £100 robbing bar stewards

theres another 1 out that rings your phone for a second then disconnects giving you a missed call so when you ring it back its a premium rate @ £50.00 a min yes £50 fecking quid a min one of the lads at work did it and got his bill cost him £12.00 for about 15 seconds

Dutcho.My policy is if you don't reconise the noo. then just bin it said:
About 6 months ago vodafone declared war on this kind of crap and said they would basically put a form of spam filter on it.Not sure about anyone else on voda but I have noticed a massive difference infact I cannot remember the last time I got a "spammy type" message.

im with orange also and im always getting messages and calls like you guys!!!my rule is the same as powerbands if you dont know the num dont answer or ring it back :) :)

Back