tesco scam?

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Found this on another forum, Anyone tried this? does it work?

" Quote"

This is 100% legal!

Please take the time to read through this post, i know its long but well worth it!

i been doing ths for 2 weeks and had about £450 worth of stuff of them

Came across this on a moneysaving site, this is a great way to get loads of free stuff from Tesco for free.

Tesco have a policy that states

"And if things don't add up ~ In the unlikely event you are charged a higher price than on the shelf or the product we will refund your money and you can keep the product"

this policy can be seen at any Customer service desk on a big blue sign!

This is the site to use that people post the misprices on
CODEhttp://www.cpjackson.co.uk/cgi-bin/misprices/index.pl?orderby=&startat=0

Products usually have a price on the product and also on the SEL (Shelf edge label)
Often you will also find that products have posters advertising them nearby. Now, Tescos are renowned for mispricing there products and oftern prices don’t match up

i.e (this is one I got last week) Xbox SEL price was £97.98ish yet when I took it to the self scanner it scanned as £99 so of I go to pay for it. After you have paid check the price you were charged and bingo charged £99. Mosey on down to Customer service and tell them you have been overcharged “errr hi, it looks like I have been overcharged on this item. The shelf lable way £97.98 and ive been charged £99”. Tescos policy is to refund the total amount and let you keep the product!!!

another one. Big poster saying "all playstation 2 games in the top 20 UNDER £30" Whats this i see, The game at number 20 has a SEL of £39.99.

Now this may sound easy however I often have to argue the case as it seems they don’t like to honour the policy. They will often call a manager down and you will have to take it up with him however there hands are tied they have to abide by the policy. It may be the case that they will not budge, in which case ask to speak to head-office and then they will either cave in and let you have what is totally within your right to have or they will let you speak to head office and then will cave in when HO tell them to do as they are told!

I been doing this 2 weeks and have have had so far

3 xbox games
2 xbox
1 playstation game
2 sony mini hi-fi’s

The great thing about this is you can go from store to store doing this with the same products and end up having more goods than a tesco warehouse. Some people on the site I visit have got 6-7 of the sony hi-fi’s in one day at £69 a piece they a laughing!!!!

Now some tips I have learnt, it is far easier to get an R+R (return and retain) if you adhear to the following guidelines.

Don’t go and blitz one place and fill your trolley with all the freebees currently available they will defo get arsey if you go to CS (customer services) with 100 items that you want R+R on.

Go to different stores. After you get something in 1 store they will likely change the price straight away however it will still be mispriced in another store so go grab it there!

Try and buy a few other things while your there so it looks like you didn’t come in just for the mispriced product (Tesco are well aware that people know about products that are mispriced and just go in for that reason) you can go in for just one mispriced item but dont go and pick up several unless you have a bit of shopping to do aswell

When getting your R+R from CS always be calm never raise your voice even if they do. When I went to get the playstation game I was confronted with a very angry Duty manager who was being quite rude, however I kept my clam and just kept pointing out that I had been misled on the price of the item. She didn’t give me my R+R so I phoned head office and told them I was being treated like a criminal (she had told me she knew about this abusing of Tesco policy) and that the duty manager had decided that Tescos policy was not in effect that day! Needless to say she got a severe talking to and I got my R+R. I also added (to the Store manager) that after my bad experience I would be checking all my receipts from now on and that I hope I don’t receive the same treatment should I find ive been overcharged in the future. (that clinches the deal as now they expect to see me at CS getting R+R’s)

I personally tend to just go for the electronics and games/dvds for my R+R as its hardly worth my time getting R+R on food (although meat is always mispriced)

Start small if you are not confident, work your way up to the goods that cost a lot. Its far easier to get R+R on say a cd than an Xbox

If you cant find a self scanner in the store then just take it to the checkout, if it scans at the correct price there is 2 things you can do depending on the situation

1. If you have just got that item and nothing else the line to use is “hmm I seem to have left my Credit/debit/wallet at home, sorry” and off you go.

2. If you have other shopping the line to learn is “oh sorry I though I put that back down, I don’t want that item” OR pay for it then go to CS and just tell them you don’t want that item and get a normal refund.

Lets see what you guys come up with, post you success stories, problems, questions or tips you here, it will help build up confidence in people that are not sure if it works.

Please note Tescos do update there prices so you need to be quick, depending on the store it uasually takes between 3 and 5 days for them to change the price once someone has had an R+R.

also if the item is correctly priced in one store it dont mean that its correctly priced in the next.
"Quote"

has been around for a while now http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46989&highlight=tesco+misprices
and my tesco openly have a list from the website of the "freebies" and change them asap but still worth it if you have the scanny machines which my local doesnt have
if manager gets arsey go via the head office route and if that still doesnt work go to local newspaper and tell them about tescos not agreeing to there own policys also dont do it every week as tescos will ban u :)

Last edited:
Good one, will have to make a visit.

I once experienced a similar thing with another retailer who would let you have the item for free if the price at the till was wrong. The item I was buying scanned at the till for LESS than the price on the shelf so I argued that as the price was wrong I wanted the item for nothing as per their policy. They couldn't believe I'd argued when the price error was in my favour!

Funnily enough that offer didn't last long.

Back