Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Temperature and Fan control setting ?

slugsoo1

Inactive User
just having a look and just wondering what is a good board temperature and fan rpm ?
voltage and pwm settings ?
running a clone 800se with a8p sim with openpli 3.0
cheers

just having a look and just wondering what is a good board temperature and fan rpm ?
voltage and pwm settings ?
running a clone 800se with a8p sim with openpli 3.0
cheers

I uninstalled my fan control,but i found this quite comprehensive tutorial.by heck lad its alot.

What it does at the moment:
- Control of a fan 3pin or 4pin (PWM) fan
- Setting: (via plugin configuration list)
Type fan 3pin / 4pin / off control of /
Turn off fans in standby + except for recording or HDD
minimum and maximum speed
Control-rest and the end temperature
Initial voltage and PWM value
- Slow control with almost no CPU load
- Safety feature: fan at at maximum temperature, fan failure detection and emergency
- Base temperature is the average of the two highest temperatures!
- Check min / max speeds of the fan
- Displays the current values ​​as a number and bar + temperature sensors monitor all + HDD
- Web info page _http://your dreambox ip/fancontrol(activity levels, on-line diagram)
- Data logging (FC2data.csv) and event logging (FC2events.txt) in file
- Preparation of multi-language (ipkg pot file in other languages ​​welcome)

small FAQ
- Rpm / 2 is set by default and should be left alone. This shows the true speed of the fan, as is provided by the driver of the double value
- Quiet Temperature: up to this temperature is not regulated and the minimum speed is set
- End temperature: is the maximum temperature which may occur is reached that is set the maximum speed
(There is no recommendation for the temp range, try some of what can be achieved for results, anything between 40-50 ° C)
- Voltage / PWM
If this value changes are immediately set for the fan (for reading the initial speed). However, it is now the basis of these values ​​is equal to more regulated. With these values, the fan starts Boxstart.
4Pin: put on full power (DM500HD/DM800se to 5-10) and reached a value of at least the maximum required speed, set the initial speed with PWM (PWM is controlled, if not sufficient, the voltage)
3pin: (will only regulated voltage) with voltage adjusted initial speed
- 3pin or 4pin fan type
If it is not known what type of fan has built one that can easily be found. To easily change the start PWM controller. Changes while the speed, it is a 4pin fan.
- Settings
The configured settings are stored in the Enigma settings and are therefore included in the backup / restore
- The speed is the real speed, other tools show twice, ie on the wrong
- The box must have an adjustable fan connector hardware and temperature sensor (s) (tested on DM500HD, DM800SE, DM8000HD)
- Check
3pin: Only voltage change is used for the fan check.
4Pin: PWM fan can be checked via the PWM setting (can be regulated as over the PWM area ONLY!). In addition, testing to what extent the change in voltage can be used to control (extended range).
"!" is displayed when the fan can not reach the set values ​​for min / max speeds. This does not affect the control, but it should be considered to adjust the settings. You can also adjust the voltage for PWM fans down to lower minimum AND maximum speed achieved. But lowers the voltage is not too far off, or else the fan will suddenly not at all more, because the internal electronics requires a certain amount of tension to work. This is where a little experimentation.
- Online chart
The data logging must be enabled to do so. When logging directory, a USB stick or CF card can be used. Even a temporarily logging into the flash or / tmp is possible. Here, however, should be recorded because of limited space only a little. A logging on / media / hdd, the drive can be run continuously, so not recommended.
Event logging is looking for problems to make sense (not required for chart), should therefore not normally be activated.
Auto deletion affects only the data logging.
- HDD Temperature
By default, an "automatic" mode is used to test the support of the HDD temperature readout in standby. This can cause a spin down / start-up at Enigma, if the HDD can not do this. Who cares, should set the correct mode in FC2 setup, then is usually "no" to the correct mode.
If the hard drive from the sleep mode wake up (every 10min), please put "reading of HDD temperature" No or Never!
- Installation
IPC Package
with FTP (DCC) to / tmp copy
wechslen with file manager in the Verzeichins / tmp and install the package
or
Telnet:
cd / tmp
opkg install *. ipk
- Remove
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-fancontrol2

- Note: Restart after installation / update / remove Enigma

I'll try to collect the HDDs that allow a temperature reading in sleep without spinup:
not possible
Seagate ST3500312CS, ST31000322CS, ST31500341AS
Samsung SP2004C, HD203WI, SP2504C, HD321KJ, HD503HI, HM500JI
possible
WD WD10EAVS, WD10EADS, WD15EADS, WD20EADS, WD Scorpio Blue
WD3200BEVT
Samsung HD510LJ

Version 2.6 (02/10/2011)
Revision RollUp
- Follow the WebIF change
- RPM <> RPM / 2 back set
- Fix: double WebIF Registering
- Fix: 3 pin voltage rises above 255 is possible
r1: Fx: Crash due to changes in Disk Management

- Follow the WebIF-change
- RPM <> RPM / 2 back again
- Fix: 3-pin voltage rises above 255 is possible
r1: crash off because changes in Disk Management

Last edited:
Using Temperature and Fan control plugin,I have mine set to the lowest setting and it reads as follows:

board 35C 3444 rpm

Absolutely cool to the touch :)

I uninstalled my fan control,but i found this quite comprehensive tutorial.by heck lad its alot.

What it does at the moment:
- Control of a fan 3pin or 4pin (PWM) fan
- Setting: (via plugin configuration list)
Type fan 3pin / 4pin / off control of /
Turn off fans in standby + except for recording or HDD
minimum and maximum speed
Control-rest and the end temperature
Initial voltage and PWM value
- Slow control with almost no CPU load
- Safety feature: fan at at maximum temperature, fan failure detection and emergency
- Base temperature is the average of the two highest temperatures!
- Check min / max speeds of the fan
- Displays the current values ​​as a number and bar + temperature sensors monitor all + HDD
- Web info page _http://your dreambox ip/fancontrol(activity levels, on-line diagram)
- Data logging (FC2data.csv) and event logging (FC2events.txt) in file
- Preparation of multi-language (ipkg pot file in other languages ​​welcome)

small FAQ
- Rpm / 2 is set by default and should be left alone. This shows the true speed of the fan, as is provided by the driver of the double value
- Quiet Temperature: up to this temperature is not regulated and the minimum speed is set
- End temperature: is the maximum temperature which may occur is reached that is set the maximum speed
(There is no recommendation for the temp range, try some of what can be achieved for results, anything between 40-50 ° C)
- Voltage / PWM
If this value changes are immediately set for the fan (for reading the initial speed). However, it is now the basis of these values ​​is equal to more regulated. With these values, the fan starts Boxstart.
4Pin: put on full power (DM500HD/DM800se to 5-10) and reached a value of at least the maximum required speed, set the initial speed with PWM (PWM is controlled, if not sufficient, the voltage)
3pin: (will only regulated voltage) with voltage adjusted initial speed
- 3pin or 4pin fan type
If it is not known what type of fan has built one that can easily be found. To easily change the start PWM controller. Changes while the speed, it is a 4pin fan.
- Settings
The configured settings are stored in the Enigma settings and are therefore included in the backup / restore
- The speed is the real speed, other tools show twice, ie on the wrong
- The box must have an adjustable fan connector hardware and temperature sensor (s) (tested on DM500HD, DM800SE, DM8000HD)
- Check
3pin: Only voltage change is used for the fan check.
4Pin: PWM fan can be checked via the PWM setting (can be regulated as over the PWM area ONLY!). In addition, testing to what extent the change in voltage can be used to control (extended range).
"!" is displayed when the fan can not reach the set values ​​for min / max speeds. This does not affect the control, but it should be considered to adjust the settings. You can also adjust the voltage for PWM fans down to lower minimum AND maximum speed achieved. But lowers the voltage is not too far off, or else the fan will suddenly not at all more, because the internal electronics requires a certain amount of tension to work. This is where a little experimentation.
- Online chart
The data logging must be enabled to do so. When logging directory, a USB stick or CF card can be used. Even a temporarily logging into the flash or / tmp is possible. Here, however, should be recorded because of limited space only a little. A logging on / media / hdd, the drive can be run continuously, so not recommended.
Event logging is looking for problems to make sense (not required for chart), should therefore not normally be activated.
Auto deletion affects only the data logging.
- HDD Temperature
By default, an "automatic" mode is used to test the support of the HDD temperature readout in standby. This can cause a spin down / start-up at Enigma, if the HDD can not do this. Who cares, should set the correct mode in FC2 setup, then is usually "no" to the correct mode.
If the hard drive from the sleep mode wake up (every 10min), please put "reading of HDD temperature" No or Never!
- Installation
IPC Package
with FTP (DCC) to / tmp copy
wechslen with file manager in the Verzeichins / tmp and install the package
or
Telnet:
cd / tmp
opkg install *. ipk
- Remove
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-fancontrol2

- Note: Restart after installation / update / remove Enigma

I'll try to collect the HDDs that allow a temperature reading in sleep without spinup:
not possible
Seagate ST3500312CS, ST31000322CS, ST31500341AS
Samsung SP2004C, HD203WI, SP2504C, HD321KJ, HD503HI, HM500JI
possible
WD WD10EAVS, WD10EADS, WD15EADS, WD20EADS, WD Scorpio Blue
WD3200BEVT
Samsung HD510LJ

Version 2.6 (02/10/2011)
Revision RollUp
- Follow the WebIF change
- RPM <> RPM / 2 back set
- Fix: 3 pin voltage rises above 255 is possible
r1: Fx: Crash due to changes in Disk Management

- Follow the WebIF-change
- RPM <> RPM / 2 back again
- Fix: 3-pin voltage rises above 255 is possible
r1: crash off because changes in Disk Management

lol you weren't wrong was you !!! loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg post !!

Using Temperature and Fan control plugin,I have mine set to the lowest setting and it reads as follows:

board 35C 3444 rpm

Absolutely cool to the touch :)
cheers wiz got mine running board 32C at 3288 rpm ! so got my gloves on coz its running cold !! :)

Back