Technomate TM OE - Problem installing C-line using Vix-Softcam

Silverspeed

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not IT savvy, feeling frustrating having spent a lot of time not getting anywhere. Hope someone can help. Please break the advice into lots of 'layperson' chunks. I have managed to install bootloader and OpenVix from world of satellite site. I have the C-lines (C: ....CCam.com). I have tried to use the Vix-Softcam software (enigma2.....mipselipk) to install the C-lines into the CCam.cfg file of Technomate TM OE. I have tried this using a USB stick as well as Filzilla. I have failed miserably. I'm thoroughly confused and could do with step-by-step advice for both the usb method as well as the Fizilla method. Happy to try other alternatives, including software. Part of the problem is that I don't know what the final file I need to put into CCam.cfg file looks like (e.g. beginning and ending), an example would be useful. I have also tried 'notepad' editing of files. Obviously, I am doing something wrong with notepad as it opens up as garbage document. Happy for those in the 'know' to have a laugh at my attempts, but do respond positively with your advice.

Much obliged

Silverspeed

Is your receiver a tm-twin oe? cccam.cfg is just a notepad file with lots of information on, and I mean lots. Most of the information is #'d out. I would use a file called dreambox control centre, use the telnet function and type passwd, this will allow you to change the password of the box and allow the transfer of files to and from the box. After this look in the file structure on the left hand side under /ect and see if cccam.cfg is there if it is the right click on the file and edit it, put your information in there and save and exit. If its not there you can create the file under notepad or just get a version of the cft file from the net net and then send it over to your box after editing it and entering your information.

kegnkiwi
Much obliged for your advice. I did install dreambox control centre. Looked into the file structure and found the CCcam.2.2.1 file (size 1.249MB). Right clicked it and got the edit option. On pressing the edit option I got the message, 'i size >1 MByte'. Didn't get any further. I thought I will wait for your further advice before trying something else.
Silverspeed

There are two parts to the "system". The program (binary) and the config file. The Vix cams do not have config files to avoid legal issues. You can copy across an existing one or make a fresh one. File name of config file is CCcam.cfg, not cccam.cfg (Linux is case sensitive) You were trying to edit the program.

Back