TalkTalk termination fees

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I've been a Happy TalkTalk residential customer with phone and broadband since June 2011 and my current contract is due to expire in June this year.

I had heard of others having poor customer service but not encountered this until this evening, absolutely fuming to be honest!

Anyway On the 29th of March i called TalkTalk customer service to see if i could get my residential line transferred to a business line. The reason for this is so that i can have a static ip address which they don't supply to residential customers. The static ip is needed so my partner can work from home and connect through her works firewalls. I was happy with the monthly fee etc, however wasn't prepared to pay a termination fee for my contract when i'm not technically leaving TalkTalk so told them that i would keep my residential line until the contract ended and ended the call. Shortly after that call i was called back by TalkTalk and told that they could waive the termination fee so i agreed to move to TalkTalk Business. I was given an order number and told that i would get my go live date soon and a new router posted out to me.

I thought nothing of this again until Friday 13th April, when i called TalkTalk Business up to see what was going on with my order. It turns out the order number given to me hadn't even been submitted and they had no record of me even placing an order. So i then had to re-order again, managed to get the same deal and was told again i wouldn't have to pay a termination fee for ending my contract early as i'm not moving my services to another company.

My order is now going through with TalkTalk Business, but this evening i got home from work to a letter to say there may be a termination fee for leaving my contract early, and then imagine my surprise when i get a call from TalkTalk customer service a few minutes after opening this letter to tell me what was in the letter and to say i WOULD now be charged a termination fee for leaving my contract early! i explained the above to the first customer service rep and stated that as all their calls are supposedly recorded they should have evidence of this but apparently they can't listen to these and neither can managers. After a heated discussion with the rep she then gave me another number for a department which could supposedly resolve the issue.

So i called this number given and guess what, it was the wrong department! I had to explain all the above again, before being passed onto someone else who in turn passed me onto another person. I went from speaking to someone in South Africa so i was told to god knows where!

Finally the fourth, yes the FOURTH person i spoke to speaks to a manager for me to confirm that i wouldn't be liable to pay any termination fee on my contract as i'm not moving to another company. I requested that a note to this effect was placed on my account for future reference.

So basically i've spent around an hour on the phone this evening to TalkTalk all because they don't make notes or just make up these so called notes on my account. From working in a customer service call centre myself 3 years ago, i'd love to know how these people managed to get a job?!! At least of them sounded like complete retards!

However i'm not convinced this note will be put on my account from these dealings, but just to be on the safe side i've recorded the conversation with the last customer service rep and also advised them of this just in case they try changing their mind again.

Anyone else had an issue like this with TalkTalk?

Thanks,

Darren

Heard many stories like this from talk talk customers, it seems the cs department will promise the world to get you to agree without actually putting any offers through. Had the same problem with Virgin, it took an email to the chief exec to sort it. If it still doesn't work out for you that's what I'd advise doing next.

TBH, I don't think domestic suppliers are geared up to deal with business users. I've been with my ISP for a long time, they ain't the cheapest but I've had no issues for over 10 years...

Back