Tablets

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about these whatsoever lol
all I want it for is browsing the net when my wife nicks My Laptop! and dont give it back All Evening :grrrr:

so really only need is wifi and browsing the net :) playing youtube videos would be good but not essential if price rockets up

something like this for £65 ???

1365759-a.jpg

The Disgo Tablet 6000 is an affordable 7” Android device with full 1080p HD support and a HDMI port.

This lightweight, compact tablet has a bright high resolution display for watching movies and reading eBooks, and thanks to its fast 1GHz processor, graphics accelerator and 2GB internal memory, you can multitask on the move.

Giving you the features you need for less, the disgo Tablet 6000 provides one-touch access to Android SlideMe Market and lots of pre-installed applications, including You Tube, an eBook reader, a HD capable media player and the brilliant Skyfire web browser.

It has a headphone socket and two built-in speakers and comes with a 2GB MicroSD card, for even more storage space.

• 7” touch screen
• Android 2.2 Operating System
• Full HD video playback
• Photo gallery
• Music player
• Skyfire browser with flash compatibility
• iReader
• Landscape/portrait functionality
• Email, Contacts, Alarm clock
• 2GB onboard storage and 2GB MicroSD card included

yeah thats what I posted above :)

but are they any good ? coz I see there is a big jump in price to other tablets

Here`s a review of the tablet
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
well not great by the sounds of his review (bless him) so yeah!
but he was reviewing it at £120 not £60 I think that makes a lot if difference ?
and I would only want it for browsing too :) dunno lol

I have birthday money still and just wondered if the lower end tablets were any good :)

The HP is discontinued but looking at the HUKD thread, HP are making a final batch to fulfil demand. They do state that many will still miss out.

It's not likely that you will get one but if you are lucky you may be able to find one hidden somewhere.

HUKD Thread

:- edit final run is supposedly US only :(

Last edited:
Keep checking ebuyer.com tomorrow. They'll be running one of their 3-2-1 Gone sales again. IIRC it's several products per hour, 321 of each item, at a specially reduced price. The promo is suggesting there will be several tablets amongst the offers.

Plus they're back on Quidco ;)
...the HP 1 is that likely to be that price again ?
It's discontinued and sold out everywhere apart from Amazon marketplace (where the 16GB is selling for £250!) :(

I had a look but either missed it or not offering much as I didbt see much in the way of tablets

I might go for the one at Asda see what its like :)
can anything be done with these things ? as in changing firmware etc ?

Last edited:
I had a look but either missed it or not offering much as I didbt see much in the way of tablets
The sale is now "live", but they're doing the offers one at a time :(
I might go for the one at Asda see what its like :)
can anything be done with these things ? as in changing firmware etc ?
Captain is probably the best person to ask when it comes to tablets. However, a quick Google says that it's possible to root and that there is a 2.1 firmware hack to give you full Android Market place. Worth noting that Google have said they are not releasing the Honeycomb source code (Android 3.x) until after the release of the Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4) source code in Q4 11.

cheers pod :)
Ive done a lot of searching last few days on the cheaper end of the market tablets but with out trying one its hard to tell what the response is like

so I went to Asda today and bought one lol messed with it a bit see whats what and took it back ( I know I'm naughty) but response was fine tbh, no iPad but I'm not paying that money
and for what Ill use it for its perfect

on all my searching I decided to get the Scroll Special Edition 8” Tablet and case with keyboard

best spec and reviews I could find for the money, fingers crossed its a good one lol
cheers all

Back