Swoops Hit Hackers Forum

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
German police have carried out their biggest ever crackdown on internet piracy in probe against 126 members of an online hackers' forum.
The Germans are thought to be part of a wider network of 476 people in 33 countries who were members of an internet forum called Liquid FXP.
They hacked into internet service providers to gain access to film, music, computer software and games, then offered pirated versions for downloading.
According to Germany's federal criminal office, police carried out 132 search warrants against suspects on allegations of computer sabotage and hacking.
Investigators followed this up with a further 337 warrants enabling them to search through the computer data of companies and institutions linked to the hacked servers.
The probe was sparked by an investigation into one member of the forum on suspicion of credit card fraud.
Police said members of the forum discovered 11,820 servers worldwide with security gaps.
They would hack into the system and install their own server, which would then enable them to download what they wanted.

i didnt think people really did that, (except on films like swordfish)

Its all made up fiction I believe, the only things that have been hacked into are the computer systems on the Matrix...

You will probably find that computers have not been invented yet so they cannot be hacked into...

Mind you the only ither hacking I have heard of is my missus carving a chicken....

Well,
If you keep it legal you've nothing to worry about (as is should be):rolleyes:
I,m F***ed :salute:

Anyone who hacks in order to make money from the proceeds of their hacking, deserves to be caught and prosecuted. Hacking should be done for the challenge, to prove that you can do it, and for the personal satisfaction you get from circumventing the protection others have devised to stop you doing something. :)

Scunner said:
to prove that you can do it, and for the personal satisfaction you get from circumventing the protection others have devised to stop you doing something. :)

wonder if you could get away with using that as a defence for breaking and entering or TDA/TWOC lol

digidude said:
wonder if you could get away with using that as a defence for breaking and entering or TDA/TWOC lol

No chance! If you find something you enjoy doing, it will either cost you £££'s or your liberty. You do what you can and try not to get caught :salute:

Back