Stupid Error 13

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so bought a brand new xbox from argos, use the hotswap method to softmod it but keep getting this damn error 13.

Tried to rebuild the original xbox, from the linux disc I have got that works. So got working MS Dash but no softmod.

So now done Softmod again using UDE -UDE1 once all completed restart xbox and error 13 again!

Anyone know how I can fix this, tried putting in a slayers disc but it wont read any disc.

I can restore to original state but cant sotmod it for some reason.

try updating the dash with a recent xbox game

Dont have any games thats the problem, all my games are copies... The weird thing is it wont even let me run a original disc with this error I have to restore hdd to original state using my back up disc but thats for older xbox hense why its got wrong dash version.

Need a game with xbox live apprantly might have to go rent one for the day.

doesn't the latest slayers disk have the new dash?

Bally you can get a 'clean c:\ drive' from Xbox Sky approx 84mb

''Taken from a virgin xbox after i updated the dashboard online but before the softmod is installed this can be used by anyone wanting to restore thier xbox Cdrive to stock files''

but you should find one on the latest Slayers disc

I got hold of the files now and going to try fixing it today will let you know how i get on :)

Downloaded what I thought was the latest dash, wiped fatx partition, built hdd from scratch using ms-c-hosted-by-pirrup.rar then did UDE -UDE1 etc after softmod complete it just goes back to error 13!

Fixed it! Used Kingroachs Installer - Ndure 3.0 and hotswap method! Looks like the old files I had were not up-to-date with the kernal thingy majig if that makes any sense lol

glad u sorted it mate,when there good there good but when there not they can be a pain in the arse

glad u sorted it mate,when there good there good but when there not they can be a pain in the arse

I know understand what the problem was now where as before I was clueless so something good as come out of it. Only took me 2days to work it out lol!

Back