Stupid Citylnk!!!!

elite786

Inactive User
Reaction score
somewhere with my tool set, looking for Action ;)
idiotse wher esupposed to deliver a parcel on monday! left a card! came again today dint even bother knocking as everyone was home! went to the depot took 35minutes to find it! the lad before was waiting an hour for a plasma tv!

while i was waiting the idiots taking the boxs of the Van was throwing the parcels on to the conveyor belt! all parcels clearly packaged with FRAGILE tape where slammed and thrown even harder!!! i was outraged and shouted at the idiot asking him if he could read and if he understood what fragile meant! looking glum he just carried on working!

never going to use them again!

Don’t get me started on Shittylink. I took a day off to wait for a parcel from ebuyer which never arrived.

It turned up a day late because they “didn’t have a van going to my area”. I thought it was a courier company, don’t they send a van to where things need to be delivered?

Anyway, a few weeks ago I ordered a camera off ebay. No contact from the seller so after a week I started complaining, sending loads of emails, still no response. After another few days phoned the seller, who had shipped it straight away by shittylink.
Shittylink claimed they had tried to deliver it three times, yet people were at home every time they said they called. They never once left a card.
As they had three failed deliveries the camera got shipped back to the seller. The seller then shipped it back to me again by shittylink, who failed to deliver for a fourth time! This time I had a tracking number so I went to collect it myself.
I got the camera home and guess what? It was f*cked.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Ellesmere Port depo isn't bad. They've let me pick a parcel up before I was supposed to be able to (collections are supposed to be after 5pm). You just cannot use their car park 'due to thefts', but parking just out side the gate is fine (its only 10ft futher away!).

Got their geographical number too (saynoto0870.com), no more 0845 automated message crap. Definatly more convenient to collect from to than Parcel Farce or TNT, which would involve going to Liverpool or Manchester.

Just don't talk to me about Home Delivery Network! Card through the door but no tracking number, no contact number. After 2 attempts they send it back. Both times it took them a week for the parcel to get back to Amazon.

Having worked for a courier company in mid wales Heres just a bit of advice for anyone sending or recieving a package via couriers.

1) NEVER EVER mark your parcel as fragile. Most of the people who work there will think it is funny to threw it around.

2) Leave instructions for delivery. Leave ure phone number and ask the courier to phone before making delivery.

3) Arrange with the person sending the parcel to get the courier reference number. Most couriers have online tracking. It's not 100% but may give u some indicaation that ure parcel is due to be delivered today. (If you have enough details you can also call the courier and get the number.)

Most couriers do there upmost to get the parcel to u in the best condition as soon as is possible. Since couriers deal face to face with the customer it is not in their interest to damage or delay your parcel.

you think you,ve got it bad? check my dhl thread out at least they tried to deliver yours. out of the two citylink are the lesser of the devils.

lol citylink...

They manage the parcels like toys in the sorting warehouses! Scary stuff when you consider that parcel they just dropped might be yours!

I hate CityLink and refuse to deal with them wherever possible. If a site only uses them for delivery, I go elsewhere. I don't see the point of paying £6 for delivery on something when I always end up having to drive 20 miles to pick up it up.

I alwasys request the company send it with UPS as they are reliable. If they say no, i ask them to send it with parcelforce. I wont deal with other companys due to similer problems to the above. ANC are worse though.

i had something orderd few days ago..
on the tracking website it stated they came for delivery today..

and guess what no one did!
i was home all day long :mad:

what should i do:Kickassro

I'm sure it was Citylink that were delivering for Argos a few years back when they failed to turn up with some sports equipment I had ordered. When I rang Argos they told me that sometimes the Courier has too many parcels so just doesn't bother that particular day. I had taken a day off work on the grounds that the parcel was sure to be delivered on that day.

Royal Mail often do the same. Just put the card through and don't bring the parcel.

i had something orderd few days ago..
on the tracking website it stated they came for delivery today..
and guess what no one did!
i was home all day long :mad:
what should i do:Kickassro
Go to saynoto0870.com search for citylink, find your local depo's geographical number and phone them. You'll need the tracking number to hand...

Have to say i use city link a lot and there depot in dunfermline seems fine and always get my items deliveryed on the correct days. Sometime if i miss a delivery on the way home i can phone the driver and meet him on passing to collect...can't say fairer than that.

Back