Student Protest Marred by Trouble Seeking Protesters.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your take the violence loses support of the general public.
As far as im concerned the lib dems are finished as a political party. Clegg has sold his sole for a seat on the board for personal gain. He would have been better leaving Cameron to form a minority Goverment that way he and his party could have stuck to their manifesto pledges!

Agreed, I very much doubt the conservatives will regain power again for a few years neither.. Which leaves LABOUR which is a real shame..

TBH. Id like to see how labour would of dealt with the financial situation?? I reckon it would of been worse.. They played it clever by not cutting back before and during the election. But as we know it back fired and the rest is history..

I was of the opinion of better the devil you know on this occasion, I think Labour may have done a slightly better job and without alienating the voters! I also believe the libdems are finished as a credible party, they should rename themselves the "new tories!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry but some of you are talking b0ll0ks !

The majority of students were peaceful until the police started to kettle them as soon as a large group formed !!!!
Once they had them kettled, the students wanted out and tried differnet routes to leave.. the police then charged then with mounted riot police... hitting a number of people over the head with trunchons.... you know, those big pieces of wood or metal... no different really to a baseball bat.

THAT was when it turned from the small outbreaks of violence to a lot of people fighting.... fighting for their lives in their eyes, from an attack from the people who should protect the citizens..... the thowing of concrete etc was wrong as was any violence... on BOTH SIDES ! The police could and should of handled it differnently.. WHY did they try stop them going to parliament ? afterall, is that not where the hippocrits work ?

Like what I say or not, its the truth... a lad from my uni is in intensive care now with serious swelling on his brain due to be struck over the head with a trunchon from a mounted thug (police)... he has has to have a piece of his skull removed to relieve the pressure for now...... Shall we have a reminder of what the police get up to when they think no ones looking... - Ian Tomlinson (RIP) Video reveals G20 police assault on Ian Tomlinson moments before he died | UK news | The Guardian

well done the students for standing up for what they believe in, while the rest of us just take it up the arse and think its normal.

the police are shithouses anyway and the press only report what makes a good story, its fineline between student thugs on the front page and police thugs.....

indeed

police are nothing but a bunch of spineless thugs

most of those students were teenagers weighing half that of a police officer they also didnt have protective clothing on nor a truncheon or a riot shield

so why do they feel it necessary to attack protesters and charge them

sad as this is the next generation of our country and we treat them as if they are strangers

what's worse is that we want to make money out of them

indeed

police are nothing but a bunch of spineless thugs

most of those students were teenagers weighing half that of a police officer they also didnt have protective clothing on nor a truncheon or a riot shield

so why do they feel it necessary to attack protesters and charge them

sad as this is the next generation of our country and we treat them as if they are strangers

what's worse is that we want to make money out of them

As much as I agree with some of your points detailed above, I don't think the police should be as forceful as they have been, but do feel that there is a designated splinter group of professional protesters that turn up at all protests bent on causing violence and destruction.
The majority of students, I am sure young and old were there for a peaceful demonstration to highlight there feelings on student grants etc,but who's point has been marred by the trouble and bad press that people remember, not the main reasons for the legitimate protest.

I support the students 100%, as my Grand Children in future years will suffer the outcome of today's decisions, but don't feel that violence solves anything it only makes matters worse.

It is just a shame that these thugs are always at the front line inciting violence which the peaceful protesters seem to be dragged into trying to defend themselves from the authorities responses to the situation.

Back