Struggling to load tom tom on a N73

AY56533

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all, if any1 can help would be much appreciated, trying to load tom tom on a N73, but really lost. Has any1 done this before? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks..........

I Dont Have Your Model
I Have A N70
All I Did Was To Load The Tomtom Files To My Memory Card Then Access
It Through The Main Menu
Select My Own
Then The Tom Tom Files Should Show In There Ready For Access

All you do is copy the TomTom folders to the root of your memory card. There should be a .sis file that you install on the phone. I used Nokia Suite to install it to the phone then the phone takes over and installs it.

All you do is copy the TomTom folders to the root of your memory card. There should be a .sis file that you install on the phone. I used Nokia Suite to install it to the phone then the phone takes over and installs it.

chears devilfish,,,

Basically what i did was take the mem card, plug into a card reader in the pc and paste the tom tom files across. Is this right? p.s. Any chance you could send me the tom tom files? just to make sure i have the correct ones. Thanks.

Copy the files like you have done to your phones memory card using your memory card reader, then insert card into phone, go to file manager on the phone, navigate to the memory card and there should be some sort of setup file on the card, it depends which version you download but there should be something in the root to install :) just select and click on it through the phone

Hi mate if thats version 5, the N73 is S60 V3, TomTom Mobile 6 will work on it version 5 wont...

ok, im trying tom tom V6, from the link that phawk754 left. Wish me luck. Will let every1 know how i get on shortly thanks......

If you get it working, could you let me know your phones firmware version please? *#0000#

hi

I had similar problem with my n73, but turned out i had wrong version. Not sure what version i originally had but i copied the files to the memory card, using data cable and mass storage. But the program would not install and i could not find the tomtom icon.

Then i read somewhere i needed version 6 of navigator. So i downloaded and put that on the memory card. Once i disconnected the data cable the phone then did something automatically and installed it. Think it's cause this new version has an Autorun.inf file. I then went to Applications and there it was, TomTom icon.

I have version 6.010 (7640) installed.

I updated the firmware on my n73 few weeks ago,

v3.0638.0.0.1
30-10-2006
RM-133
Nokia N73 (39.01)

Hope this helps

got tomtom6 on n73 and it lags really bad. there is always around 3 second lag every 1 second

Back