Streaming via 7025

delectable

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Got to go abroad next weekend and not sure if apartment I'm staying at has the right channels for the rugby world cup final and the footie.

Can I control my 7025 via an internet connection abroad and watch the channels via stream?

If so, any instructions how to?

Thanks

I suppose you could logging in to your dreambox externally, but you would have to have upto 8mb upload speed depending on which channel you wanted to watch.

So I don't think unless you are a slingbox or similar that you would have the upload bandwidth to be able to stream the ts.

the other thing you could do is watch a stream via sopcast or tvants based p2p streaming.

The main probelm is that the video stream is far too much to upload to the internet, so it wont work at full resolution and no easy answer. Streaming over local network is fine but basically you need to drastically reduce bitrate to be able to provide an internet uplink stream.
You can use VLC and a pc thats left on 24/7 but i do not have exact instructions and it is known to be a bit unstable (which is a pain if you are abroad). The dreambox stream is first sent to the pc, then vlc converts stream to lower bitrate and creates a new stream uplink- this can then be opened in a remote location.

The easier bit will be to set up your router so that it forwards external traffic on port 80 to your dreambox so that you can change channels or have other control from abroad.

A slingbox is the real answer as that is a simple 1 box solution that wont need a computer running 24/7. Dont forget though that you will only get the kind of video quality that you see on Youtube.

sounds like a damn good excuse to go to the pub and watch it while getting bladdered lol

I don't normally need an excuse. However, with Mrs, my 5 year old (that would be fine) but also 3 month year old. The mrs is as equally into it as me so need to watch it at home. Also 3 or 4 hours ahead time difference.

Back