Streaming to VLC - Anyone have much success?

uczmeg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone have much luck streaming stuff off their 500c onto their PC?

I find I can launch vlc from the web interface and VERY occasionally I get a video feed. Most of the time I can go into the 'Navigation' menu and there is a sub menu called 'Program' with a list of numbers. Often one of these relates to the video stream and will give me video.

Sometimes the Program menu doesn't appear, and on some channels it doesn't contain the number I need to see the video.

So it is a bit annoying and a pain in the ass browsing channels.

This wouldn't be too bad if the feed was stable. I can be watching for a random amount of time (sometimes very quickly sometimes it takes 15 minutes), but eventually the picture starts to break up and VLC will crash.

Meaning you have to restart the feed again and go through the hassle of getting video going again.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there something I can do to improve this.

I don't think it is my pc or the dreambox as I've tried several of both!

Image wise I'm currently using Gemini 3.3 but have tried with various Gemini and Enigma images.

Any help appreciated!

I think it's the same for everyone mate. It's just plain unreliable. One trick is to start recording with direct file recording, then to play the file on the pc while it's still recording.

I wish it would work properly too...

Have the same problem only I can't get any video using VLC.

If I go to the Dreambox web interface and copy the stream link into Media player classic it works fine until I change the channel.

Have the same problem only I can't get any video using VLC.

If I go to the Dreambox web interface and copy the stream link into Media player classic it works fine until I change the channel.

If you're doing it straight into VLC, you can't change the channel. You'll notice the URL changes when you're on a different channel. The only way is to stop it and copy it again.

If you're doing it straight into VLC, you can't change the channel. You'll notice the URL changes when you're on a different channel. The only way is to stop it and copy it again.

Ah, that explains it, cheers for that.

Back