Streaming To PC And Internet

wiz569

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL CREDIT FOR THIS TUT TO B16MCC ON DBUK

Hi guys, by popular demand here's how to Stream from your Dreambox (Enigma2) to your PC and then out onto the internet.

All you need is VLC media player.

OK first step is to get it playing on your PC. This is dead easy.
1. Open up the Dreambox web interface in your browser.
2. Select the bouquet and find the channel you want to stream. If you have a single tuner Dreambox then you can only stream the channel that is selected or another channel from that same transponder.
3. Right click on the blue TV icon on the right hand side of the channel in the list and copy the link address. As shown in the image below.

Screenshot2010-09-01at081430.png

4. Now start VLC.
5. Click Play, and Select Network.
6. Paste the link you just copied from the web interface into the URL box as shown below.

Screenshot2010-09-01at082142.png

7. To play it on your PC simply click Open. That's it !

Now to pass this stream from your PC up on to the internet is also quite easy.

8. At point 7 above, before you click open, select Streaming / Save and then click settings. On this page there's quite a bit of info to enter.
9. Select Stream, and change the type to MMSH.
10. Enter the IP address of your PC that is running this VLC that you are currently setting up. Not the IP of your Dreambox.
11. Choose an unused port.
12. Select video and audio and set up the parameters as shown in the image below. You can play around with this as it will perform based on your upload speed.

Screenshot2010-09-01at083417.png

13. When finished click ok to close this window.
14 back at the previous page now click ok to start the stream.

OK, so how does your mate watch it ?
There's one more thing you need to do. The port you selected and entered into the stream settings page needs opening in your router. Forward that port to the lan IP address of your PC that's running the VLC. This will point the incoming connection from your mate to VLC that is controlling the stream.

Now your mate opens Windows Media Player and enters the following in Open, URL.
mms://10.20.30.40:12001

Where 10.20.30.40. is your internet WAN ip address. Ofcourse if you have a DNS pointed to your WAN IP you could use that. The port assigned on the end is the port you chose in the Stream Settings and opened in your router.

If you mate wants to use VLC to view your stream then he goes to Open, Network and enters
mmsh://10.20.30.40:12001

Notice the difference in the address. MMSH & MMS

That's it.

i hope to hav a go at this later today when my brain has woke up a bit more but one thin for now wizz if you on have one tuner you can only stream the channel that is selected or another channel from that same transponder were to find out what is on say the transponder with sly sports cheers tony

Bear in mind guys this is not my work and I have not tested it, but I do know of people that have :)

You might need to try different versions of vlc to it to work as the author doesn't specify what version is used

@Tony check lyngsat for the channels on each transponder m8

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

or do it my way, go to the web interface on dreambox and just click on the blue tv icon that says stream this channel. if your using chrome (explorer doesnt download file it opens it in windows media player) it wont stream it will download a .m3u file to your desktop then just right click and open with vlc.

works flawless for me for playback, ive not tried streaming out tho but ive not needed to even try that.

That works fine for streaming to PC,but this might help with streaming to the web

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Back