Streaming - How to for a Dream Box

bod

Inactive User
Reaction score
Here's a simple way to stream sat channels from your Dream Box to the net.

You will need only a couple of bits of software and to be honest VLC Player can do it by itself, dreamView is a front end for it and makes life a lot easier (especially changing channels).

I can pick up the stream on my PDA when I'm out if I can find a a wireless network and I also stream footy to my mate on a Saturday afternoon. I've got 4mb NTsmell and the settings used in the tut work fine and I can leave it streaming all day long.

You will need a DNS IP and a router and your PC needs to be on all the time to transcode the stream.

View attachment 49920

Here's a simple way to stream sat channels from your Dream Box to the net.

You will need only a couple of bits of software and to be honest VLC Player can do it by itself, dreamView is a front end for it and makes life a lot easier (especially changing channels).

I can pick up the stream on my PDA when I'm out if I can find a a wireless network and I also stream footy to my mate on a Saturday afternoon. I've got 4mb NTsmell and the settings used in the tut work fine and I can leave it streaming all day long.

You will need a DNS IP and a router and your PC needs to be on all the time to transcode the stream.

View attachment 49920
l"m trying to sentup my new Dreambox 500d, can someone help me out

:Clap:l like to know how can l put lmage on the Dreambox 500d, can someone help me out, for me to do this step by step

well i started folowing the guide and can't find "dreamview" any where? any ideas?

i wud have thanked you but the thanks button has gone so i'll have to just say thanks instead..! loll, will try it when i get home, cheers

i'm having a few problems with this, any one managed to get it working?

Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Back