Streaming from Dreambox500 to Laptop

GaryTheGolfer

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I ask really, really politely, can someone kindly steer me towards a comprehensive guide to streaming from Dreambox TO Laptop via ethernet.

I am still using the excellent DW 1.6.5 (I promise to upgrade to DW 2 after the Pebble Beach golf finishes).

I have had streaming working in the past. It was always a little fragile/temperamental. Sometime changing channel a couple of times made it work...sometimes it didn't.

OK, the story so far:
Tried using VLC o.8.6d, Dreamview 0.1.5 (with activeX) and Web-X-TV (via IE 7). Very very hit or miss.

If my Dreambox is on 192.168.1.100 and network laptop is 192.168.1.x and Dreambox is set to root & dreambox, can we go through ALL the settings (Dreambox AND VLC AND DreamView AND Web-X-TV). I know I really only need VLC and that Dreamview is really only a VLC front end etc. But I would like to be able to use/understand all settings.

Even now when I use the web interface, I can get screenshot to work perfectly. I can change channels using the Web-X-TV but VLC and web-x-tv and Dreamview all give me the wonderful traffic cone! Just once in a while a FTA channel does stream properly.

I know it must all be close to working. But still no cigar!!

Is there some kind soul who can put together (or point me to) a COMPREHENSIVE setup that is bomproof and explains ALL dreambox and VLC and Dreamview and Web-x-TV settings (and any scripts I have forgotten about)?

I don't know what is worse getting streaming to work or figuring out why it stops working!!

Thanks in anticipation (crawl, crawl)

Pleeeeeze?

Back