Stop unwanted Sale Calls

jamrop

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure if his has been posted before

h*tp://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

If you register your phone number to this site, it will stop unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls to your home or mobile telephone numbers

also if you have a bt phone line if you dial 0800 121 8000 you can get bt privacy for free which will stop sales calls and give u free caller diplay on your bt phone

dont really stop them, it does dramatically reduce them.

i been registered with TPS for 2 years and get the odd one now ands then but as soon as u mention TPS they hang up lol.

I tend now not to say untill i get persons name and company and then tell them.

There is a link on the site to one called mps which is the same for junk mail.
it takes about a year to fully kick in but once it does you get nearly nothing at all through the door.

You still get calls from companies you deal with and their affiliates. You can't stop those 'cos you are a customer.

I'm sick of BT and my bank and credit card people trying to sell me something extra.

I also get loads of calls from charities trying to get me to sell raffle tickets. I don't know if they are exempt from TPS.

Unwanted calls

I have a way of dealing with unwanted calls, what I do is as soon as I know it's an unwanted I say can you just hold a minute I need to turn something off in the kitchen I then place the phone on top of the telly and turn up the volume and leave it there, keep going back and picking it up to see if they're still on most hang up after about 30 secs as they're paid by results / calls made. I once had a guy ring back after I had hung up my end , and he said I suppose you think that's funny and I said can you just hang, he interrupted me and said, oh f**k off and hung up.

Thank you

Just to say thankyou for the info, I just done it and caller display started straight away.

I have a way of dealing with unwanted calls, what I do is as soon as I know it's an unwanted I say can you just hold a minute I need to turn something off in the kitchen I then place the phone on top of the telly and turn up the volume and leave it there, keep going back and picking it up to see if they're still on most hang up after about 30 secs as they're paid by results / calls made. I once had a guy ring back after I had hung up my end , and he said I suppose you think that's funny and I said can you just hang, he interrupted me and said, oh f**k off and hung up.

LMAO, thats the best way to deal with them. I had a bit of free time and one rang trying to sell me a contract phone. He kept saying that it was free, an I only had to pay £35 per month, so I was saying that it wasn't free at all. He got really anoid, but I had him there for a good 20mins... yeah I've jus realised I need to get out more, lol.

You still get calls from companies you deal with and their affiliates. You can't stop those 'cos you are a customer.

I'm sick of BT and my bank and credit card people trying to sell me something extra.

I also get loads of calls from charities trying to get me to sell raffle tickets. I don't know if they are exempt from TPS.

Just noticed, it says on the website that charities are included, so they shouldn't be ringing without your consent.

I keep a whistle next to my phone and just blow it down the phone ( only started doing that after I registered and still getting calls)

my late father had the best one i ever had let the fella on the other end drivvel on and on for the best part of 15 mins about how great the product was and got to the card part and said to them that he would get his carer to give them the detail the phoner hung up on him lol

When i registered m8 i got a letter from my bank telling me that they now knew i was egistered with TPS and said this would reduce my chances of recieving any future promotions and usefull information regarding my bankking. Didnt bother me and never had a call since.

I keep a whistle next to my phone and just blow it down the phone ( only started doing that after I registered and still getting calls)

That's not nice is it.
The person on the other end is only working for someone, trying to earn a living.

When i registered m8 i got a letter from my bank telling me that they now knew i was egistered with TPS and said this would reduce my chances of recieving any future promotions and usefull information regarding my bankking. Didnt bother me and never had a call since.

I didn't get a letter.

HAHA pure quality, i like your style. I had this bloke on tryin to sell me the idea of fitting a brand new state of the art kitchen into my house. The deal was that my new kitchen would be a show kitchen for ppl to visit for a while and decide if they wanted one. The bloke then went on to say that after two months I could keep the kitchen for 33% of the original cost. He was very enthusiastic as I kept sayin " oh yes" and "excellant", anyway this went on for about 25 mins. He covered everything from materials to install timeframe, then at the end he asked " So sir, are you interested?" Haha I replied with " Sorry pal I'm just watching this house while my mates on holiday, but thanks for having a chat and breaking the boredom." Methinks he was not too amused by the way he slammed down the phone.

Back