Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starfall vs. Preloader and which Softmod?

What was the problem...?

The first problem I had was I must have been pressing the Wii remote buttons in the incorrect sequence although i was sure I was doing it in the right order !!! LOL

When I managed to get Preloader .27 to boot I ran the update for preloader .28 . When I switched the Wii off it booted up into preloader .27 again. I then waited the 30 secs for the update and installed it and now as is good.

Use this file if you are having issues with preloader hacks not working on 0.28 I personally recommend you stay on 0.27 for now, as there are some file loading issues.

First run the hack remover program (included with the softmii pack I posted) to remove the hacks.

Next download, unpack, and run this program: http://supex0.co.uk/wii/hic_03.rar
This will create a new hacks.ini file, which you put on the root of your SD card. If there is still a hacks.ini file on the SD card, delete it and replace it with this one.

not my stole from another forum so thx to them, you know who you are, works great.

Use this file if you are having issues with preloader hacks not working on 0.28 I personally recommend you stay on 0.27 for now, as there are some file loading issues.

First run the hack remover program (included with the softmii pack I posted) to remove the hacks.

This will create a new hacks.ini file, which you put on the root of your SD card. If there is still a hacks.ini file on the SD card, delete it and replace it with this one.

not my stole from another forum so thx to them, you know who you are, works great.

**** me, i looked for that everywhere :) the last one i had was a Rickrollin Rick Astley video Pmsl :)

which options do you recommend sire?

Last edited:
**** me, i looked for that everywhere :) the last one i had was a Rickrollin Rick Astley video Pmsl :)

which options do you recommend sire?

i would try all except force disk region as does cause probs for some but this may be fixed now, i cant test cause i cant get me hands on another wii until sunday,

so if someone would kindly test all options and post results that would be super :)

not sure if i got this right. what is preloader? does it mean i will use the disc channel to load games or will i still be able to use the gamma backup loader?

not sure if i got this right. what is preloader? does it mean i will use the disc channel to load games or will i still be able to use the gamma backup loader?

to what part do you think it does.lol. still be able to use the gamma backup loader?

Back on Preloader 0.27 now. Used the hack.ini creator to make my hack.ini file but for some reason it seams to have created double entrys for all the system hack options ??? Out of interest what system hacks are you enabling ? Having problems getting Bolt to load at the moment, gets past the opening credits and gets to a loading screen and crashes (backuploader 0.3 with ios 249) !!! LOL No wonder my hair is falling out !!! LOL

Back on Preloader 0.27 now. Used the hack.ini creator to make my hack.ini file but for some reason it seams to have created double entrys for all the system hack options ??? Out of interest what system hacks are you enabling ? Having problems getting Bolt to load at the moment, gets past the opening credits and gets to a loading screen and crashes (backuploader 0.3 with ios 249) !!! LOL No wonder my hair is falling out !!! LOL

why are u using a cios and backup loader with Preloader mate?

u should have softmii/riskimod on for that so i reckon. but good luck ;)

I should delete my backup channel then ? (via the Wii settings menu or is it title deleter?)

Was riskimod included with the softmii package that was put up ? If not where do I get it and what exactly does it do ?

Cheers

I have just tried riskii mod v2 on a mates wii.i originally put gamma on for him but wanted me to try riskii for him so could just load discs from disc channel.i seem to have done everything right but tried big brain academy its a ntsc game and i would not load all other games i have worked i think they are all pal any reason why i cant get it to work i have enabled region free.Not to worry if i cant get it to work i just downloaded the pal version

not really wanting to do riskiimod, i still got the softmod for dummies in, but am i able to unistall starfall hacks and install preloader 0.27 and cioscorp but keeping the backup loader too?

First of all, PreLoader doesn't let you play games via the Disc Channel. PreLoader sort of replaces the System Menu so that it starts before the System Menu. This will allow you to start other programs (dols) before the System Menu loads. It also allows you to enable some hacks in the System Menu.

Answering the question if you need to uninstall the Backup Channel with Riiskimod/SoftMii: No. You could use both. Of something won't work via the Disc Channel try loading it via the Backup Channel.

(BTW RiiskiMod was SoftMii before they renamed it and added some more features)

By file loading issues you mean that it has problems loading a lot of dols? So actually there isn't a problem with 0.28 if you would like to unbrick your Wii because you're able to start the HomebrewChannel? Am I right?

By file loading issues you mean that it has problems loading a lot of dols? So actually there isn't a problem with 0.28 if you would like to unbrick your Wii because you're able to start the HomebrewChannel? Am I right?

that is correct sir :))

First of all, PreLoader doesn't let you play games via the Disc Channel. PreLoader sort of replaces the System Menu so that it starts before the System Menu. This will allow you to start other programs (dols) before the System Menu loads. It also allows you to enable some hacks in the System Menu.

Answering the question if you need to uninstall the Backup Channel with Riiskimod/SoftMii: No. You could use both. Of something won't work via the Disc Channel try loading it via the Backup Channel.

(BTW RiiskiMod was SoftMii before they renamed it and added some more features)

Mt Wii is chipped so do I need even bother with RiskiiMod ? I`ve got preloader 0.27 installed.

Another question with preloader installed can I play NTSC games without fear of bricking now ? i.e I don`t need to bricknlock NTSC games with preloader ?

Cheers

hi guys. i am following the riiski mod. when i get to the button combination for pre loader the first button is home this keeps taking me back to the homebrew channel. am i doing some thing wrong. do i need this if i am not going to muck about with wii, all i need to do is play backups. many thanks

hi guys. i am following the riiski mod. when i get to the button combination for pre loader the first button is home this keeps taking me back to the homebrew channel. am i doing some thing wrong. do i need this if i am not going to muck about with wii, all i need to do is play backups. many thanks

hi mate, use these files

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1485731/

dont bother with the softmii tweak at the end if u just want to run backups, csm's are nice but there a bit all over the place at the minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back