ssh to aptv

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive connected my aptv using winscp but its not accepting alpine as my password i cant remember changing it. is there anyway of finding password apart from resetting the aptv many thanks

hi mate a couple of options

use the "integartion part" and use PuTTY and use the pass on the password option and just change the root password.
Also you can use asterisk unmaskers like the freeware Password Unmask (as well as many other programs) to reveal the password behind the asterisks.
And look HERE How to recover WinSCP passwords mate

biffo thanks for help but im sat here scratching my head mate, could you let me know more for simple people im just not grasping what your saying thanks m8

please somebody help me i need to reset my ssh password as its been changed and i dont know what to, i dont want to reset it as i havegot it just rite and dont want to start all over again thanks in advance.

Did you definitely change the pass or did it just stop working? for atv2 root/alpine should work.

its worth giving ispirit a go again you can ssh into your ddevice and just put the default username and password into it see if you have any luck, root & alpine

Back