Spiderbox 7000HD recovery software and tool

ricardo609

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a small issue with my 7000HD.
Ever since I bought the box last year, I have been unable to open the secret menu after loading the latest patch from 2012... My software is dated 10/10/11.
My box will allow me to patch the updated software after this date but it will not alow me to open the secret menu after!
I have had a local SAT ENG look at it and he says that my box may have accidentally had the SW AND DATA loaded at the point of when i bought it. He has recommended that I reflash the firmware with the recovery tool and a BIN file, but I am unable to locate it anywhere on this site for my box...anyone got a map to them...lol? Pls??
I have purchased an RS232 Null modem lead for the operation so I'm almost ready to go....
Thanks in advance
MODS, Guys...I'm sure you will know immediately??

Hello Everyone,

I have a small issue with my 7000HD.
Ever since I bought the box last year, I have been unable to open the secret menu after loading the latest patch from 2012... My software is dated 10/10/11.
My box will allow me to patch the updated software after this date but it will not alow me to open the secret menu after!
I have had a local SAT ENG look at it and he says that my box may have accidentally had the SW AND DATA loaded at the point of when i bought it. He has recommended that I reflash the firmware with the recovery tool and a BIN file, but I am unable to locate it anywhere on this site for my box...anyone got a map to them...lol? Pls??
I have purchased an RS232 Null modem lead for the operation so I'm almost ready to go....
Thanks in advance
MODS, Guys...I'm sure you will know immediately??

Here you go.

Note after running the recovery software you should patch using the latest patch.
Save your channels list.
Turn off UCAS and Network (if possible).
Factory reset.
Flash latest patch.
Factory reset.
Reinstall channel list.
Press menu and press 1111 to enable the hidden menu.
Add latest softcam e.t.c..

Attachments

• HD7000_RS232.zip
    4 MB · Views: 24
  • instruction.zip
    319 bytes · Views: 23
Last edited:
Absolutely spot on Jimi....many thanks....Just what the doctor ordered..my STB will be saved now :)

Note that you need to switch off the Spiderbox connect to your PC at the serial port (laptops and USB converters are difficult a PC with a serial port does it every time) Once you load the software click connect select the recovery file then switch on the Spiderbox and wait, it takes a little time before you see the progress bar so leave it and it will get the job done.

Back