Spider-Man 2' available on mobile phones

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mobile phone users can now view full-length, high-quality movies on the go.

The advance has been made possible by Sony, who have developed special 128Mb memory cards for selected Nokia and Ericsson models.

The first films on offer via the cards, which cost £24.99 from Carphone Warehouse, are Spider-Man 2 and Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

"This first ever release is just the tip of the iceberg," said Kevin Gillan, director of group business development at the retailer. "It’s amazing to think that a two-hour long film can be compacted onto such a small card, yet retain sound and picture quality that has to be seen to be believed.

"We now envisage having an entire library of full-length movies and comedy classics available for our customers to watch on their mobile phone, whenever and wherever they are."

I can see this being a novelty for a while then why would you do it?? Bet it costs a few bob as well!

Whats so special about a 128mb card... i have a 512mb and along with dbpoweramp. I can fit days worths of music on my phone.. quality is like my mums old radiogram in the seventies though. But hey who cares if your on the bus or waiting for your bird to do the shopping anythings better than nothing. right?

what a waste of money, why would anyone buy a movie to play on a little screen when they can get the DVD for cheaper? Doesn't make sense really, and I also bet it drains the battery like hell

:SHOOTING: I agree cant see who will pay 25 quid to watch a movie on a two inch screen when you can buy four dvds for that price and go watch them back in the comfort of your own home on the 56 inch plasma...magic.

Back