speeding fine issued after 14 days

hollow

Inactive User
Reaction score
a mate of mine has been caught for speeding ,the fine was issued 31 days after the offence .

he wants to protest this ,i know somewhere on the net there is a site that has predone letters of response to this as he is unsure of how to word the letter .

does anyone have a link to the website please

oh and merry christmas to all DW users

a mate of mine has been caught for speeding ,the fine was issued 31 days after the offence .

he wants to protest this ,i know somewhere on the net there is a site that has predone letters of response to this as he is unsure of how to word the letter .

does anyone have a link to the website please

oh and merry christmas to all DW users

Why not tell "your mate" to slow down before he kills somebody?

tbh the 14 day rule does not always apply, there are exceptions - eg company car they get extra time to request the details of the driver at the time.

If he wasn't on the DVLA regsitered keepers list when the first NIP was sent out, the 14 day rule doesn't apply. Same goes for if it's a company car or hire vehicle or similar

Why not tell "your mate" to slow down before he kills somebody?

tbh the 14 day rule does not always apply, there are exceptions - eg company car they get extra time to request the details of the driver at the time.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Is the date on the fine 31 days after the offence or did you receive it 31 days after the offence?

thanks for the replys

to be honest i dont think he will get away with it .

he bought a new (used) car on november 6th

and got caught doing 37mph in a 30 zone on the 7th of november

he then got issued with a fine on december the 3rd
but obviously as he wasent the recorded keeper with the dvla on the day of the offence ,they obviously had some chasing up to do .

he recieved the log book for the car in his name on the 18 th of november

but obviously this is where they will dispute the 14 day rule

they have offered him either 3 points or a 70quid speeding course

i know which one ide choose .

but hes a tight git and if he can try and save himself the 70 quid he will

The 14 day rule will not apply as extra time will have been needed to trace the owner.

In all likelyhood the original fine was sent to the original owner of the car, within 14 days. He will have given "your mates" details as having bought the car and the fine re-isssued.

14 day rule will probably not apply.

thanks for the replys

to be honest i dont think he will get away with it .

he then got issued with a fine on december the 3rd
but obviously as he wasent the recorded keeper with the dvla on the day of the offence ,they obviously had some chasing up to do .

he recieved the log book for the car in his name on the 18 th of november

but obviously this is where they will dispute the 14 day rule

they have offered him either 3 points or a 70quid speeding course

i know which one ide choose .

but hes a tight git and if he can try and save himself the 70 quid he will

When in Town, slow down.

It's simple really and it can save you money :)

the 14 day rule only applys if your are the registered keeper of the car and have owned the car for a period of time where the dvla Dbase hast needed to be updated when the offence occurred

also the car needs to be registered to an address where you live otherwise you can be done for that alone

excuses such as incorrect address, not being registered owner, not driving vehicle do not apply to this rule

for example hire cars or company cars, it will take weeks for the council / police to locate the drivers details

In all honesty 14 day rule means 14 working days, so saying it took over 2 weeks for the NIP is not really a valid excuse

The 14 day ruling is when u received a speeding ticket [NIP] 4 or 5 weeks etc after the alledged offence and there is no reason as to the delay in enforcing the NIP

fs I got flashed 3 days ago going through a 40 mph speed camera at 44 mph, but previous to that i saw the camera flashing most drivers who went through that camera

I think the main point is here:

1 day after he bought it.

He should pay the fine and learn to drive safer.

Back