Sound Problems

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i have recently formated my pc and after that my sound is not working for some reason, so i thought it would of been because of the sound drivers but no they are all there, and i have a 5.1 surround sound and wheneva i put in a wire it detects it straight away but doesn't respond at all and say no speakers connected!

I have an acer aspire
vista home premium
and wheneva i play files in media player they do play but no sound and i dn't get the soundcard error on media player

THANKS!

Hi i have recently formated my pc and after that my sound is not working for some reason, so i thought it would of been because of the sound drivers but no they are all there, and i have a 5.1 surround sound and wheneva i put in a wire it detects it straight away but doesn't respond at all and say no speakers connected!

I have an acer aspire
vista home premium
and wheneva i play files in media player they do play but no sound and i dn't get the soundcard error on media player

THANKS!

When you formatted did you re install any codecs for sound and vision, try getting K-Lite codecs, google will find them easy.

sounds like a driver problem.. if it was XP you could have done a custom scan for update which would have given you the appropriate updated driver and fix it for you.. but these are the joys of Vista at the moment..

was it working before the format ??
where you running Vista before the format was done ??

Defo a driver problem in the reinstall and is more often than not the case because Xp or Vista will only load what it thinks it has to load by way of drivers and the ones it misses are down to the poor old user to discover.

If you have'nt already got it here is their site for driver downloads etc.

http://support.acer-euro.com/

Back