Sound Problem On PC

BIGGY007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Damm This pc is really getting on my nerves.. Ok i turned the PC on and tried to play an audio file on midea player and a message come up .....

windows media player cannot play file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it mught be inuse by another program, it might not be fucntioning properly...

The media player used to work properly before when i play audio files....i have checked all the connections and the light on the subwoofer is on so there is powere going into the speakers, i have 1 subwoofer and 2 speakers, all the wires have been checked again and again...any suggestions plssssssss

sounds like a sound card problem ( obviously )check your pci slots and see if you have a sound card if you have and if its not in correctly it would cause problems if you havent got a sound card buy one there only cheap and use that instead of your knackerd onboard one

is there anything important on the computer if not just wipe the harddrive and reinstall windows drastic but it solves any driver issues and is normally quicker at fixing things and its good to clean up every few month anyway

Im not being sarcastic m8 but i think you need to read through your motherboard manual it will show pics of pci slots etc you need to learn some basic stuff has your motherboard got a onboard sound card if so you can remove the pci soundcard.

boot up in safe mode but as there was no yellow question marks in device manager your still looking for a needle in a hay stack..

you could take the harddrive out and back up the files on another computer then reinstall windows

boot up the pc into the bios and look to see if the hard drive is listed there, also look for boot sequence; floppy, cd-rom, hdd-0

edit;
i just checked his mobo maual and it does have onboard sound

Last edited:
if u go into device managers and go into sound video game controllers and delete your audio device and reboot your system then it will reinstall your drivers m8 and all will b ok ,.try it ?
your drivers sound corrupt

i can not get the pc to load up as soon as the pc starts a black screen appears with the same message... .???? how do i get into bios mode????? how do i start the pc so the windows xp loads up,??? just opened up the computer and everything is attached......

when u power up your pc try pressing f4 the minute your pc beeps this should take u into a menu which will let u boot it up in safe mode if that dont work then put xp disc in cdrom and boot from cdrom then repair xp from disc

Power on the computer, when the following message briefly appears at the bottom of
the screen during the POST (Power On Self Test), press <Del>

did you not download the motherboard manual KinetiZ 7t.zip i posted for you before?

Last edited:
The basic CMOS settings included in “Standard CMOS Features” are Date, Time, Hard
Disk Drive Types, Floppy Disk Drive Types, and VGA etc.

basically if its not seeing your hdd it will look at your dc/dvd rom for the operating system, which s what you said it was doing before. thats why its not booting up into windows

this is all the info in the standard CMOS features, date, time,
ide primary master - ibm - dtla - 305040
ide primary slave - none
ide secondary master - yamaha crw2100e
ide secondary slave pioneer dvd - rom atapi

drive a 1.44m, 3.5 in
drive b none

ide primary slave - none

drive a 1.44m, 3.5 in
drive b none

i dont think your problem lyes in your cosmos m8 ,its a windows fault you need to try booting into safe mode try rebootin and press either f4/f8 /f10 c if that allows u into safe mode , dont u have a floppy boot disc ?

ide primary slave - none

drive a 1.44m, 3.5 in
drive b none

thats good, it shows your hdd is being recognised, though why it wanted to boot from cd rom i'm still not sure. make sure there is cd in the drive and try booting again, if it still fails go for the safe mode boot

nice 1 ppl. i dont no what it was but i left the pc off from the mains for an hour opened it up checked to make sure nothing has got dislodged, put it back to gether and yipeeee first time starts and running good. so what do you think it was then....something come loose or someat?: multi :

yes even the sound is working fine now.... yeh sure will back up all the important stuff now if i remember how to back it up lol... is it same as making a cd but only changing to data instead of audio...

Back