Some new US shows starting soon.

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Heres a few new shows, some starting this week.

Castle --- 9th March --- [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZc_aY1vnE&feature=related"]Trailer[/ame]

ABC's Castle is a one-hour witty drama based on a famous crime and horror novelist, Rick Castle, who helps the NYPD homicide department solve crimes. Castle is suffering from a case of writer's block after killing off the main character in his novels and is struggling to come up with a replacement. Castle had grown weary of having it all, "fame, fans and females," when he was approached by the attractive Detective Kate Beckett of the NYPD to help catch the copy-cat killer staging murders based on scenes from his novels.

Kings --- 19th March --- [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46AXq0er-Og&feature=related"]Trailer[/ame]

Inspired by the biblical story of King David. The setting for the series is an alternate reality, as King Silas Benjamin (Ian McShane, Deadwood) is the well-entrenched king of what we'd call America, but is here called Gilboa. Silas must deal with the tensions rising between Gilboa and neighboring nation Gath. When several prisoners of war are taken, a young soldier, David Shepard (Chris Egan, Eragon), defies orders and crosses enemy lines to save them. Unknown to David, the soldier he saves is Jack Benjamin (Sebastian Stan, The Covenant), the son of the king. From that day forth, David's life will never be the same.

The Unusuals --- 8th April --- [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nijvPWiLVXs"]Trailer[/ame]

The Unusuals is a unique comedic procedural set in a New York police precinct. ABC tells us that "As a cop, it helps to have a twisted sense of humor, because every moment could be your last. Just ask Casey Shraeger, who started her day as an NYPD vice detective before unexpectedly being transferred to the homicide division. She quickly realizes that, not only does everyone in her new department have a distinct sense of humor, but also their own dirty little secrets."

Harper's Island --- 9th April --- [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XrWalrn79k"]Trailer[/ame]

A horror-inspired drama, this CBS series is about a group of friends and family who meet to celebrate a wedding on an island just outside Seattle, an island that is famous for a streak of unsolved murders seven years ago.

CBS's full description states: "Harper's Island is about a group of family and friends who travel to a secluded island for a destination wedding. They've come to laugh... to love... and, though they don't know it... to die. As the wedding festivities begin, friendships are tested and secrets exposed as a murderer claims victims, one by one, transforming the wedding week of fun and celebration into a terrifying struggle for survival. In every episode, someone is killed and every person is a suspect, from the wedding party to the island locals. By the end of the 13 episodes, all questions will be answered, the killer will be revealed and only a few will survive."

Thanks for this post Jaffa. Had a look and decided to d/l Castle and quite liked it.

Acting is OK and the plots seems OK.

Cheers:drink:

Edit: Oh and the Detective is hottie.:licka:

Thanks for this post Jaffa. Had a look and decided to d/l Castle and quite liked it.

Acting is OK and the plots seems OK.

Cheers:drink:

Edit: Oh and the Detective is hottie.:licka:

Castle is OK for a filler but hot detective aint as nice as Amy Jo Johnson in Falshpoint, go pink ranger, go!!!

Castle is OK for a filler but hot detective aint as nice as Amy Jo Johnson in Falshpoint, go pink ranger, go!!!

Lol thanks for that mate, might be having a look at Flashpoint.

I thought castle was a decent program. Different to the standard shit that comes out most of the time.

What programs do you follow?

Im currently following:

Scrubs
Prison Break
Castle

used to watch Heroes, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Bionic Woman and Knight Rider but couldnt be bothered with them.

Prison Break and Scrubs are finishing so need to find some suitable replacements.

What programs do you follow?

Im currently following:

Scrubs
Prison Break
Castle

used to watch Heroes, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Bionic Woman and Knight Rider but couldnt be bothered with them.

Prison Break and Scrubs are finishing so need to find some suitable replacements.

I don't think theres enough room to quote all that he watches, may be easier for him if you ask what he doesnt watch...lol....isn't that right dave.

Havent seen castle yet, my wife said it was good though. I will get around to watching it soon.

I don't think theres enough room to quote all that he watches, may be easier for him if you ask what he doesnt watch...lol....isn't that right dave.

Havent seen castle yet, my wife said it was good though. I will get around to watching it soon.

Lol, My mate is exactly the same. The guy watches quite a lot programs.

He watches:

Prison Break
Heroes
Greys Anatomy
Smallville
Lost
House
CSI NY and Miami (I think)

to name a few of the top of my head.

@ Jaffa, what programs do u follow?

Are u the same as Dave, Im guessing u are.

I'd advise watching Castle, it was a decent watch nothing special

as Jaffa kindly pointed out, I lika my yank shows.

Current on my hit list:
CSI's (though Miami is a bit, meh!), Law&Orders - except for CI and the crap UK one, Mentalist, 11th hour, Fringe, Burn notice, but alas season now over :(, Life on Mars (US), Family Guy - A MUST!, Simpsons - a bit so-so, House, Bones, Levrage, 24, Lie to me, The Unit, Flashpoint, Smallville, Psych, Criminal Minds, Beast, Lost....think that's it..?

oh and started to watch league of super evil and Castle.

well there is feck on on UK TV, only thing I watch on that is Corrie and QI!

..and Reaper has just started :)

Last edited:
Woah!!! Lol and I thought my mate was bad!!!:silly:

Any out of there, maybe 2 or 3 that you would really recommend watching???

Think I need to start, as I said earlier, looking for some good shows to take over from Prison Break and Scrubs when they finish at the end of this season.:nopity:

Cheers

@ Jaffa, what programs do u follow?

Are u the same as Dave, Im guessing u are.

I wouldn't watch as much as Dave but I download them for my wife/daughters who watch them aswell as the mountains of chick shows.
I reckon thats only the ones airing at the minute which Dave posted as I know he likes almost all the yank shows.

I quite like The Beast at the minute but anything that Dave mentioned is worth a watch.

Others that I download are Cold case, Medium and Dollhouse, although I would only watch Cold Case.

As for UK shows....I dont watch many but I have Red Riding downloaded and am going to give it a watch.

At the moment the main shows I'm watching are:-

Smallville
Lost
Supernatural
Dexter
Damages
30 rock
The shield
Skins
ER
Bones
Battlestar Galactic

Heres another new one coming, its from the guy that wrote ER.

Southland --- April 9th --- [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ptc0cqdT8&feature=related"]Trailer[/ame]

From Emmy Award winners John Wells, Ann Biderman and Chris Chulack comes a raw and authentic look at the police unit in Los Angeles. From the beaches of Malibu to the streets of East Los Angeles, "Southland" is a fast-moving drama that will take viewers inside the lives of cops, criminals, victims and their families

Anyone else seen Underbelly? It's an Aussie crime/gangster drama, and really good. I just started on the second series last night, and it looks even better than the first. Bit different to the usual US shows, and pretty refreshing for it, plus you can play spot the ex-Neighbours/Home and Away actor :)

Anyone else seen Underbelly? It's an Aussie crime/gangster drama, and really good. I just started on the second series last night, and it looks even better than the first. Bit different to the usual US shows, and pretty refreshing for it, plus you can play spot the ex-Neighbours/Home and Away actor :)

M8 i been banging on about this on here for ages now.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/search.php?searchid=989406

i seen first series yonks ago and have been watching the secind series and i think it just gonna be as good.

Quality drama which is based on true events and 1st series is still banned in some terrotries in aussie due to court cases still going on.

Also if your into it check out the utube vids of Carl williams missus and the morans mother having a go at each other lol quality.

telling her that she has tried every plastic surgey there is to look good only thing left she could try was wear a burkha lol.

Qulaity and everyone i i gave it too all say its good also. so it aint just me :$

Last edited:
M8 i been banging on about this on here for ages now.

Digital World - Search Results

i seen first series yonks ago and have been watching the secind series and i think it just gonna be as good.

Quality drama which is based on true events and 1st series is still banned in some terrotries in aussie due to court cases still going on.

Also if your into it check out the utube vids of Carl williams missus and the morans mother having a go at each other lol quality.

telling her that she has tried every plastic surgey there is to look good only thing left she could try was wear a burkha lol.

Qulaity and everyone i i gave it too all say its good also. so it aint just me :$

The YouTube Video were funny and sad at the same time !!

Check out

Gangs of OZ - Based on the Crime Familys featured in Underbelly 1+2

The Mentalist - About - The Mentalist

Heres another new Canadian drama from NBC. Theres 3 episodes available in all the right shops.

Toby Logan is a 24-year-old paramedic living with a secret: he can read people's minds. This telepathic procedural takes viewers into the heart of a tortured hero who struggles to solve crimes with his unique gift. Week-to-week, The Listener balances high-stakes drama with irreverent humor and sends Toby on an intellectual and emotional adventure

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jheIu56yU4A&feature=related"]Trailer[/ame]

Flashpoint is a great Canadian show ... without pretending it's American! So colour is actually spelt colour and not color!!! YAY

Back