Softmod Virgin Wii....Please help!!!

black_arab

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok as I am reasonably new to all this I have done most of my families wii's using Bally's 4.2 easy hack. I have had no problems whatsoever doing these and I am in my comfort zone, so to speak.

Now that 4.3 has been released can somebody confirm that if I purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2 and use the disk to update (which I believe is 4.2) I can then just softmod as usual.

I don't mind at all buying the disk because like I say I find the guide a breeze and do not want to start trying other things.

many thanks is advance.

Bob

NO

Don't update to 4.3 via official methods, it WILL wipe any softmod off the wii you updated it on, and at the moment 4.3 cannot be softmodded

There is an updater from Wanikoko that updates to 4.3 firmware but doesn't effect what softmod you have already installed as its an 'unofficial' updater

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Here is whats in the readme :

This application allows you to update your console's firmware by installing the most important available updates (IOS, System Menu, new channels...).

The application will avoid the installation of any non-desired applications and
do an optional patching to add some new features (eg: Trucha bug)

You really need to install priiloader if you haven't already a sthis will automatically prevent any games trying to update your firmware to 4.3. If it does your stuffed as 4.3 cannot be softmodded

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader
http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/installing-priiloader-on-your-nintendo-wii/591/

Last edited:
thescrapyard, that is not the question I asked mate sorry.

I wanted to know if I could update a virgin wii to 4.2 using Super Mario Galaxy 2 then carry on with the 4.2 hack as before.

I have no problem buying the game or any other that has the 4.2 update on the disk.

I have no intention of using the online update.

I would also like to know this ? Is not harry Potter Lego 4.2 ??

4.3 system menu can has been hacked here is a link but please follow the instructions VERY CAREFULLY!!!!!! 4.3-fix

edogg

Sorry edogg I don't mean to sound rude but I have no wish to hack 4.3 firmware.

I am happy with the easy guide for 4.2 so I just want to know if I can update to 4.2 using the Super mario Galaxy 2 disk update.

4.1 is the best system menu version.

4.2 just disabled region free for modchips

I guess I'll just have to try the 4.2 disk update for myself as no one wants to answer my question.

Thanks for all the alternative suggestion though guys...

What happened to the link i provided mate ? Sure there is a site that lists all orig games and their updates.

I totally understand your point.

Mine is 4.3e only app that has been wiped out is the homebrew every other mod seems to work, my son ended up doing the update by mistake, now im left with no homebrew, but like i say everything else is working rest of the mods, seems that this 4.3e just kills the homebrew chanel. Im still trying to work out how to get it back.

Last edited:
Did you find a way of updating to 4.2e ?

Found this - WUM Wii Update Manager

Endless Oceans 2 has 4.2 i have been told.

I would just use the 4.1 hack at top though.....

To answer my own original question I bit the bullet and went out and bought 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa.

I then used the game to update the wii and then proceeded with ballys excellent guide. Also during the soft-mod it asked me if I wanted to update homebrew, after thinking for a while I thought what the heck and let it update, then carried on with the guide and all was perfect.

I know the more advanced will say there were easier ways to do it but to be honest Bally's guide is so easy that I was more than happy to buy the game.

It has the 4.2e update on the disk...

Many thanks to all who have either helped or replied to this thread.

Mine is 4.3e only app that has been wiped out is the homebrew every other mod seems to work, my son ended up doing the update by mistake, now im left with no homebrew, but like i say everything else is working rest of the mods, seems that this 4.3e just kills the homebrew chanel. Im still trying to work out how to get it back.

if you follow the link i posted it tells you how to get the home brew back as part of the hack

edogg

Back