CD & DVD So easy to back up a dvd

spruk said:
*IANBB

Out of curiosity can you burn straight to dvd with shrink 103?
No m8 it creates all the vobs etc to your specified folder then its a select drag n drop job in nero m8.
Its a piece of cake.

IANBBB said:
No m8 it creates all the vobs etc to your specified folder then its a select drag n drop job in nero m8.
Its a piece of cake.

ok.. have you then tryed shrink 3.1 with this you dont have to save to hd, you can burn straight to disc via nero 6. So this saves you some time, as all you have to do is press the backup button and let rip (pardon the pun).All done for you .
, no need to drop n drag.

No, 103 won't burn to disk, you need to update to version 3, I'll p.m you the link.

iv got both but i dont mind drag n drop but the next one i do i will try ver 3

Ive ripped loads with shrink 3.1 but with no decrypt before hand. After burning via backup it leaves the Vobs etc behind. so I have put them on my hub

However,because I did not decrypt before hand I am finding the protects are still in place. DVD decrypt does not seem to work with files already on the hard drive...anybody know a prog what does ?

ssilvo

@ssilvo
Might be a silly question be have you checked in ...preferences/ output files... to check if the remove macro is ticked? (only on 3.1)

spruk said:
@ssilvo
Might be a silly question be have you checked in ...preferences/ output files... to check if the remove macro is ticked? (only on 3.1)

Yeah its checked m8 ,It does reduce and burn a copy form within 3.1 as a project but for some reason the resultant vobs\ifo wont allow me to burn withiin nero 6 if i go to make further copies...weird eh even tried em on dvd rescue....however movie Jack will further compress em down to svcd ok

ssilvo

My normal way is to use shrink 3.1 then burn with copy2dvd ver. 2.3 not one coaster (as yet....lucky me eh!!)......lol

Using DVD Shrink and Nero to burn once ripped. No coaster here either.
But i think it doesn't matter what software you use, as long as it does it's job.

It's really about personal flavours, some like CloneDVD, some Shrink, some DVD2one, etc.

Has anyone tried to burn a further dvd from the resultant shrink files left on the hard drive ?

Best way I've found is DVD2One & CopytoDVD together, they're fast and the quality is excellent and I've not had a coaster yet :) I also have AnyDVD running all the time which takes region code and protection of the DVD when you insert the disc

What is THE best prog to use when "backing up" DVD's

I usually use DVDShrink but like it has been written here it does cock up on a few dvd's. If that happens I use DVD Decrypter. Are there any better progs out there?

Nice one rik...I use this method never fails..

DVDdecrypt
DVD2one
Nero

I have used shrink various versions i found the picture quality sometimes suffered on larger films.

10/10 for post tho...even if it has been revived...lol

Back