CD & DVD So easy to back up a dvd

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
Here is the easiest way to back up a dvd.

This has been copied and pasted from another site :)

Step 1: Decrypt the DVD

Production companies encrypt DVDs, so you'll need to decrypt the video files before you can do anything else. Insert the DVD into your DVD drive and run an application called DVD Decrypter. It will decrypt (go figure) and store the disc's video object (VOB) files to your hard drive. You're going to need at least 10GB of free hard-drive space per DVD.

Step 2: Shrink the DVD

Store-bought DVD movies use dual-layered discs to store twice as much information as home-burned DVDs. You'll need to shrink the VOB files you just decrypted so they can fit on a single DVD-R or DVD+R disc. Using an application called DVD Shrink, select the features, scenes, and compression rate for your final DVD backup. Click the Backup button to begin the burn

Step 3

Use nero or clone dvd to burn to dvd-r.
You can also use dvdshrink to burn to burn on to dvd-r. Just click the right field in the backup box

DVD Decrypter
[DLMURL="http://www.dvdshrink.org/where.html"]Dvd shrink[/DLMURL]

:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought i do this, as am sure people find it dodgy how to do it. This is the way i do it :)

Using this method for quite a while, and definitely the easiest one to go.
Excellent post

Does Shrink not decrypt the files without using a seperate decryption proggy?
I just use Shrink it does it all, even burns the DVD, works everytime. :Cheers:

Shrink automatically removes css protection when backing up the disc, right

Yes shrink does the decript and the shrinking the newer version also burns it via nero.
I just use shrink 1.3 its a tidy little proggy for freeware. Iv done plenty and had no probs yet.
Start to finish it is quite quick aswell.

Ianbb......dont mean to be critical but did you mean shrink 3.1?

shrink doesnt do everything. Ive had some problems with som dvds. But dvd decrypter sorts it all out

riks :)

Ive not had a fail yet m8 but suppose there is still time.
i was using dvd2one wich was ok but cant see past shrink 103

*IANBB

Out of curiosity can you burn straight to dvd with shrink 103?

Back