Skybox F3 help?

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
Just bought a Skybox F3. I have got the channels all sorted with free to air available. Could someone point me in the right direction to get it talking to my box downstairs which has a valid subscription so I can view the same channels upstairs. I did find the dreambox guide but got a little lost on that one regarding internal sharing.

Many thanks.

Rob.

If you want to share your valid card between several boxes then you need to set up a card sharing server. An inexpensive pc running linux (or solaris x86 if you are a true unix guru) with a card reader would be the best option. When you say you want to view the same channels upstairs you could use a magic eye or a video-sender.....but i'm sure that's not what you mean....

If u mean by valid sub that your card is in a original S*y box then you can not share the card unless you get a 3rd party box that becomes your server...

Cheers. I was going through the guide for a dreambox and think I misread it. Just re-read it now and seems clear. I need a box to act as the server and then another one that can share the card. I already have an F3 but as that can't do server I was contemplating a Dreambox. All I want to do is share it internally within my house.
Many thanks.
Rob.

A dreambox will work as a server but it wont share to your orignal box..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back